The Wicked Witch, Rapunzel, and Sticky Diet Coke

Start from the beginning

    And she's out, I thought sadly. I actually hated seeing girls like this, because I was one of those girls whose heart broke. I can relate especially when it's the same guy who caused their heartbreak.

     I reach over to lay my head on top of her a shoulder, as a gesture for compassion. "If you need a shoulder to cry, you can come to me."

     Stunned, she stared at me, her blue eyes wide. "You're still the nice person you were," she said, as if she couldn't believe it. "What happened to you?"

     I didn't quite comprehend what that meant. 

     She continued on. "Why do people avoid you? You're one of the prettiest girl I've seen and the one of the nicest people in this school. Why are don't guys see you? Why don't girls talk to you?" Her eyes were full of sadness. "I'm sorry I ever ignored you last year. You must of when through a lot." Tears started forming her eyes.

     I pulled her into a hug. "It's okay," I crooned. "I went through a lot and I got through. I survived it, didn't I?"

     "You don't deserve this," she whispered. "You don't deserve any of this."

     I noticed people's stares, their eyes full of curiosity and wonder. I don't like it when many people are at the courtyard. When there are a few people, their attentions are not to me, it's easily ignored, but there are many people and they are all staring at me.

     I tried to ignore the stares just like I did during my entire junior year when I was labeled as a freak.

     The bell abruptly rang, which means it's time for my first period. School is the only thing I pay attention to. Since there were no friends to distract me, I have a chance to be the valedictorian.

     She sniffled, wiping her tears. I didn't realize she was crying that badly till I saw her face. "I promise to eat with you in lunch."

     "Don't feel bad for me," I said. "Don't do this out of pity. I will pull you down in this horrid chain of popularity. Guys want you. Girls like befriending you. Hanging out with me will make all of those things disappear. Just know this, my life may seem hard, but I'm doing just fine."

      I stood up from my seat and looked back at her and smile. I continued to walk to my first period, knowing I left her speechless.

***

     "Did you see Allyson," I heard a girl whispered. "She was crying at the courtyard." She scoffed. "Paige is such a jerk nowadays. She deserves her life now."  

     I quickly walk past her, unable to hear more of this conversation. High school people never believe the truth, especially if it's coming from the person it's about. They always believed in rumors and crap.

     "I think she heard you," I heard the other girl say.

     "I don't care," she said loudly, as if she wanted me to hear it. "Besides, she's a loser now. Everyone said so, including Xavier."

     I just ignored her. She doesn't know anything about so the words she says are meaningless. "I am a loser," I said loudly, hoping she would hear me too. I smiled to myself because she didn't say anything. When I looked up, I found Xavier staring at me fixedly, his blue eyes so familiar. I think I saw guilt, but I looked pass that.

     I knew my stare towards him was full of hate. He is the guy who broke my heart, my first love, and my last. Thanks to him, I have no chance to find someone else. No guy in this school wants me.