Through and through...

EMILY’S POV

Nobody seemed at all worried when I didn’t sleep in my dorm in Slytherin; I spent my nights in the Room of Requirement with Anabella. We didn’t talk much and it was okay. We read books, snuggled in under the covers of our beds, and ate sweets which appeared out of thin air.

This is truly the Room of Requirement.

We only came out when it was class hours or breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And when people saw us, no one batted an eye. I mean, we came out of a bloody wall out of nowhere.

My house mates didn’t seem to realize that I hadn’t stepped foot in the common room for 2 days, so far I haven’t heard any news from my brother or any others from Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, or Ravenclaw.

“Emily,”

I looked up and saw Anabella, holding a leather-bound book at the foot of my bed, “Do you know what this spell means?” She asked, highlighting the sentence on the page. It was a Latin spell, I hadn’t practiced Latin in weeks so I was a bit dry but I managed to translate,

“It’s a blinding spell,” I said, “When translated; it literally means to remove the eyes. If done right, it will turn the victim blind…”

Anabella cocked her head to the side, her eyes glimmering with curiosity, “If not?”

I shrugged, “If not, well, the spell will scoop the victim’s eyes out and burn.”

She nodded, and walked back to her bed as if nothing had happened. Before I went back to me book, Anabella called out to me and said I left my ring under my bed, I admit this confused me at first, “Ring? What ring?”

Anabella scrunched up her face, which I have to admit looked darn cute, and then she motioned to her own ring finger, “Ring, Emily. RING, the circular-sphere like object that you wear around your finger? Like the one UNDER YOUR BED.”

Because I was too much of a slug, I summoned it from under and caught it with me free hand. It was my ring, the one I made identical to Draco’s in our first year. I completely forgotten about it, I really thought I had it on my finger but then I remembered I took it off a few nights ago because it burnt me so badly, which meant… he was looking for me.

I tolerated the massive heat emitting from the ring onto my palm, creating an angry red mark on my skin. Anabella looked at me questionably, not knowing of the pain the ring set upon me. I decided to get it done with and settle this once and for all, because obviously, I won’t hear the end of this if I keep running away from it.

I laced up my shoes and grabbed my bag along with several books, I may not be a Seer but I can predict that either Blaise or Draco will have a sermon for me, the least I can do is make myself entertained with a book while they go on and on about how worried they were about me and that I shouldn’t have stormed out and so on…

I told Anabella that I might not be able to come back to the Room of Requirement, she was okay with it and decided to stay there with the books instead of going back to the dorms with her fellow school mates, “Believe me, I’d rather be stuck in room of immobile and silent books than with those harpies,” She said with a chuckle, “Good luck to you though.”

~

“HOW CAN YOU NOT BE WORRIED?” Blaise asked, pacing across the common room. His eyes were frantically watching for the port hole to swing open, expecting to see Emily waltz in. It had been approximately 2 days and 13 hours since they last saw her, neither one of them had classes with Emily so they didn’t even caught a glimpse of her.