Day before Task 1

When Harry finally reached Emily in the Forbidden Forest, she was alone. There was no sight of any Fake Harry. The real Harry was too late. “Emily,” He said, pulling her into a hug, “You’re cold as the Bloody Baron.” Harry took off his cloak and bundled it around her, “Is that better?”

“Please take me out of here.”

No words were exchanged while on the way out of the Forbidden Forest, Emily further cocooned herself within her brother’s arms for warmth and Harry remained silent and restrained from asking any questions of what had happened between his sister and the Fake Harry.

Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape were waiting right beyond the grounds. Professor McGonagall rushed on her feet towards the twins, when she got to them she had asked Harry if he had witnessed anything.

“Nothing, Professor, I just saw Emily there. She was alone.”

McGonagall pushed the locks of hair away from Emily’s face but she kept fidgeting that it made no sense to do so, “She’s cold as ice. Professor Snape and I will escort her to the Hospital wing; you go to the headmaster, Harry.”

Harry watched Snape and McGonagall help Emily walk up the small hill and go in the castle. His mind still focused on one thing: what happened in there?

“Harry,” Dumbledore called out, his voice calm, “Let’s talk in my office, shall we?”

“Yes, Headmaster,” Harry said, “Should I call for Hermione, sir?”

Dumbledore shook his head, the sunlight hitting the silver lining of his glasses, “Miss Granger has already been called for.”

~

“Could you please describe how Mister Potter looked and acted like this afternoon in the library?” Dumbledore asked, his hands folded neatly on top of the other, his piercing blue eyes on both Gryffindor students, “Would you say he looked and acted like the way he is right now?”

Hermione shook her head, “No, sir.”

Dumbledore rose from his chair, proceeding to walk towards the glass cabinet filled with crystal vials, “What made you say that, Miss Granger?” He asks as he pulled out an empty crystal vial. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, unable to break eye contact with the Headmaster, “In the library, he seemed anxious.

“Anxious?”

Hermione nodded, “He said that he had been looking all over for Emily, he acted like it was a life or death situation, that he had even asked two of the Beauxbatons girls that which Emily is in the same house with for directions of where she might be.”

“Do you know the names of these girls?”

“Jalia Wedlow and Carlotta Beaumont, sir,”

Dumbledore nodded, “Miss Granger, I would like for you to think about the moment in the library. Focus on the memory of you, and the two Potters.”

“Why, sir?”

Dumbledore held the crystal vial high in the air, “Because I would like to see what happened for myself, May I, Miss Granger?” With Hermione’s approval, Dumbledore pointed the tip of his wand onto her forehead and produced a string of liquid silver and extracted it into the crystal vial, “Thank you, Miss Granger.”

Harry and Hermione watched Dumbledore walk towards the one side of the room where three mirrors and something that resembled a wash basin were placed. He poured the contents into the basin and looked at the two students, “Would you like to see?”

~

“That’s me.” Hermione muttered to herself, “That’s me.” She further walked around herself in the memory in the library, “So this is what my hair looks like from behind.”