The Awakening

The girl above is Payton Mikaelson hope you enjoy.
____________________________
FLASHBACK : Southern France, 1002 A.D.
Klaus's POV:

In the beginning we were so naïve, our mother made us into beast that feed on blood, but immortality was beyond our grasp, compulsion a trick we have yet to learn. All we knew was a fear of being hunted....That and a terrible hunger, so we ran as a family and when we needed too, as a family we fed.

"Kol are you quite done?" Elijah states, while covering the wagon with branches.

"Don't bother Elijah, is all this truly necessary?" Kol says complaining after he dropped his kill.

"Brother the road is a major thorough affair if the bodies are found word of our presence will spread to Michael" Elijah states in a hurry to leave.

"We ran through autumn, and winter,
Through sleet, and snow are we cursed to forever live in fear of our father" Rebekah says annoyed

"I should say yes sadly," Finn states

"Finn please, Niklaus," Elijah says annoyed of the bickering.

"Do we have any idea where we're going to next," Rebekah stated,

"why not just do what we've all thought of doing...Split up," Kol says annoyed of the argument.

"We swore a vow," I state.

"You're vows haunt me more then father himself, at least he can't chase us all, I say we take our chances" Kol explains,

"Perhaps Kol is right," Finn says

"Thank you Finn, and yeah I always said eldest are the most intelligent," Kol states.

"Stop talking, I take no joy at our assent but I do wish to sleep in a bed, to bathe in a bath, to feed of proper food if we divide," Finn says.

"No brother, Niklaus is right we made a vow... Family above all... Always and forever." Elijah states looking directly at me with promise in his eyes to the words he says.
____________________________
END Of FLASHBACK

   I stand back looking at the portrait of Elijah hanging on my wall.

"Always and forever indeed," I state as I recall the day we ran as a family.

I then leave to the basement where I keep my families coffins incase I have to put them to sleep for awhile again, I pass each one with each name I have dagger for many years in the past and then there's this one coffin, apart from the rest this one is more unique. It holds inside the very thing I vow to protect, the girl I took from her family to keep from harms way, the one I call 'my' daughter.

____________________________
Third Person POV:

At the Mikaelson Compound, Freya is at the desk in the study, where she is writing a letter to Rebekah.

'My dear Rebekah, I hope this finds you well. I write to offer an update and ask for your advice.'

Downstairs in the dining room, Klaus and Elijah are sitting opposite of each other at the end of the table, staring at each other silently. Klaus looks amused and seems to be challenging Elijah to say something, but Elijah remains silent, his expression emotionless. After a moment, Elijah stands to his feet and leaves the room, glaring at Klaus the entire time. Just as Elijah is about to walk through the door, Klaus opens his mouth to speak, but decides not to say anything at the last moment.