ELEVEN: Pull Up

Start playing the song whenever.

But this update is long overdue.

I Z Z A R Y

"What are y'all doing?" I asked my brother and sister as I walked into my apartment. They looked shook.

"Umm..." Jayden looked away and got up. His face looked flushed. Before he got too far, I stopped him. "Seriously, what's wrong?" Then I heard a room door open. My dad walks out, stumbling.

"Faggot." He mumbled as he walked out the front door. We all rushed to the room that he came out of.

We run in to find our mother, bleeding from her area and passed out. She had a few bruises on her face and her arm.

"Jayden go call 911!" I yell trying to see if my mom had a pulse. He ran out of the room and retrieved the house phone. "What happened? " I whispered.

Leyona started crying . "Somebody started knocking on the door." She got choked up. "And so I opened the door, I didn't look out the peep hole." She shed a few more tears.

"He busted through the door and asked 'Where that bitch at?' I didn't know what he was talking about." I looked over at Jayden and he confirmed it.

"So he walked back to Mom's room..." She stopped and gulped, the gulp seemed like it was her last. "And they started arguing over a baby." A baby? Who the hell was pregnant?

"Whose baby?" I asked curious. Shit I wanted to know. "Mom's." Oh my gosh. Could I handle this? Another baby?

.....

"Well your mother is stabilized. The baby is alright as well." The doctor said walking away. I thanked him and walked into my mom's hospital room. The bruises had darkened and her face was a little swollen.

"I can't see her like this." Leyona went to walk out.

I wanted to go after her, but I knew sometimes people need time.

I was going to need time.

New adjustments for everyone.

....

R A J A

"I want him." I voiced out loud. I wanted him so bad. He brightened my day.

He was the moon and shined during the darkest hour.

"Today a lady was beaten in her home. Her children say that the father came and was discussing a baby and he started to beat her. No one knows where the father is, but please if you know the where abouts of this man. Please call crime stoppers!" They showed a picture of the apartment complex and of the man.

I noticed the apartment complex and seen that it looked just like Izzy's.

I pulled out my phone to call him.

I pressed the call button and he answered after the first ring. "Can you come to the hospital?"

"Yeah give me fifteen minutes." I hung up the phone and grabbed a pair of joggers. He sounded so drained. Stress does a lot to people.

...

Pulling up to the hospital, I called Izzy and asked what room number.

I proceeded to get out the car and walk through the doors. Walking up to the elevator, I seen Relign crying. I would call him in a bit, Izzy needed me a little more right now.

I pushed the number three and the doors closed. I waited about thirty seconds and the doors opened and was followed by a ding noise.

I followed the room numbers.

301.

302.

303.

304... Bingo!

I knocked and I heard his voice. It made me smile.

I walked in and he instantly walked over to me and buried his face in my chest and wrapped his arms around my neck. I knew he was crying.

Some people can only be strong for so long. I knew he was going to break.

"What happened?" I asked and he didn't respond. I lifted his head and looked him in his eyes.

"You don't have to tell me right now." He nodded and looked into my eyes and I looked back into his. They held me in a trance.

"Thank you for coming." He said quietly. "I'll pull up for you anytime." I said in a joking manner, but I was serious.

"When ever all this blows over, we should talk." He nodded and we stood there for a good little bit.

A police officer walked in and told him that they couldn't stay at his apartment tonight.

"I just need to grab some clothes sir." The officer nodded and Izzy walked over to his mom and kissed her cheek.

"I'll be back in a little bit." She didn't respond.

He walked out of the room and I followed like a lost puppy. He walked to his brother and sister and they nodded. They got up and started to walk outside.

"Can you take us to my house for a second?" Izzy asked. "Yeah sure."

He was pulling me in more and more.

Comment and vote.