Chapter 6

It's been two weeks. Fourteen days since my star has come to me. She has not shared her brilliance with me, not shinned her light on me and liberated me from this hell. I was tempted to set myself on fire to get her to notice me, but she always had her nose in bokos with faded, worn covers. I need to learn how to  make smoke signals, so I can send her sonnets from my end of the classroom. But, then again, the smoke alarms on the ceiling kind of shot that horse in the face.

I stare at her all period, every day, trying to get her to turn to look at me using my mind control. It's safe to say that I could never inslave the human race, my super natural powers need some work. I would write her a note,  but I'm no good with written words, besides, what can I saw that won't come out totally fucking weird? Nothing.

Part of me just wants to give up already, but Ferdinand is so excited that she's here. Whenever we pass by her in the halls he does this weird fish-flip thing and blow about a hundred bubbles. He blows bubbles when he's happy. So, because I love my fish friend so much, I keep trying. There has to be a way to get her to notice me. I should set myself on fire, that'd work, for sure. But he wouldn't be too excited about having to go the ER and paying for the insurance. Even more so when he finds out that I set myself ablaze.

I pace my room trying to stir up this devious, brilliant plan, something romantic and fun and totally un-creepy to get Aruora to notice me. I pace in silence, of course, He passed out early tonight, his demon liquids took him out really hard. It's almost 2am and he still hasn't rolled around. I'm counting my lucky stars, but I still can't fucking sleep. Leave it to me to waste this night thinking about some girl that doesn't even know I'm alive. 

I'm starting to wonder if it would really be worth it if I even got her to look at me. If she got too close, she'd see the marks and tell someone. I've gone over this in my head about a thousand times, every possible way this could work out. Even though I think about horror stories of police and court, it's never enough. I still can't find a good enough reason not try and get her to talk to me. Her name, the stars, everything, it has to be some kind of sign.

I ran my fingers through my hair, my eyes felt like bricks were tied to them, if he had not come around yet, I doubted he would. I couldn't wake to get a near goodnight's rest. I climbed in bed, staring up at my glow in the dark stars, my mind wandering the same place it had been for the past two weeks. Aroura, my personal star, so close, and yet so far.