Age 19

Josh squirmed biting the insides of his lips. He opened his dorm room, his parents behind him giving him a little bit of confidence. "Don't be shy." He heard his mom say putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Don't be shy." Words he had heard all his life from his family, from teachers, from everyone. The phrase never helped, he was sure he was going to be shy for the rest of his life. Josh swiped a hand through his blue hair. They entered the dorm room. His mom holding two boxes in her hand and his dad holding two as well. "The dorm room looks very comfy." His dad commented and Josh nodded.

It was so overwhelming. He was finally in college and Tyler wasn't here with him. When he was younger he had always thought that he and Tyler would go everywhere together and do everything together but it was merely a childish fantasy. People grow together and grow apart it's how life works.

Josh and his parents started to set up some stuff in his dorm, there were two beds and he knew he was going to have a roommate but he didn't know who it was going to be. Fifteen minutes later someone opened the door. A tall skinny, lanky boy with dark brown hair that was curly and his nails were pained blue. The color almost matched Josh's hair. The boy's eyes were a deep blue. Josh couldn't deny that he was cute. Extremely cute.

The boy entered inside the dorm his parents following behind him. They stood in a sort of awkward silence before the roommates parents and Josh's parents started talking to each other and helping each other set up while Josh and the mystery boy stood back watching their parents laugh and take charge. The blue eyed boy laughed out loud. His laugh made Josh smile, it was really cute. "What would we do without our parents, right?" An Australian accent, interesting, Josh thought. Josh pushed whatever fear he had inside of him about talking to strangers and stuttered a "Y-yeah." He almost punched himself for being so quiet and shy. Why couldn't he just have a normal conversation with someone?

"Anyways, I'm Troye." Troye Paused. "Sivan." He put out his hand and Josh grabbed it, shaking it loosely. He was really that kin on physical contact either.

"Joshua but everyone calls me Josh. Uhh....uhh..." Josh whipped his forehead, he was sure he was speaking too fast. "My last name is Dun." Troye raised his eyebrows. "Done?" he questioned.

"Yeah but it's spelled D-U-N." Troye nodded. He opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by Josh's mom who gave the boys a stern look and said "Aren't you boys going to help?" They both laughed and aided their parents.

**

Tyler sat at the dinner table eating with his family. "So, Josh is off to college huh?" His parents asked. Tyler didn't understand why they were bringing up that topic since they already knew the answer and had said goodbye to Josh.

Tyler rolled his eyes. "You two used to be so close, what happened, seems like after graduation you two stopped talking." Zack asked skeptically, he was interested to know what could've stopped such a long term friendship so quickly.

"We're still friends." Tyler didn't want to talk about it anymore. He and Josh's business was only He and Josh's business. "Can we talk about something else please, Josh and I are fine and nothing happened after graduation. Jeez it's like you guy's don't have a life and need to suck the life out of me just to get one." Tyler's mom shook her head. "You don't have to get so angry, it's just that you and Josh were inseparable and then all of a sudden it was like you drifted away from each other."

Tyler shrugged his shoulders. "Fine then, how's your girlfriend?" Jay asked trying to change the subject before plates got thrown. "She's good, since I'm not planning on going to college I think I'm going to move into a new apartment with her where she lives, I'll get a job somewhere there." Tyler's parents frowned. Tyler knew they didn't approve of his plans, ever since he's dropped hints about him not going to college and just being with his girlfriend they've disapproved. "Times are hard." They would say. "It's better to go to college." They told him. "It's safer for your future." They scolded. "What if you and your girlfriend break up?" They asked.

No one could stop him. That's what he wanted to do and that was final. The rest of the dinner was silent. No one wanted to get on someone else's nerves so they decided to just eat quietly and deal with things when Tyler wasn't being so grumpy.

--

I have never gained followers so fast in my life, ya'll are crazy! But ILY and thank you. Here's the next chapter and one more to come! 

THANK YOU!

vote, comment, follow and all that jazz.

I've had a terrible day and you guys are making it better :). much love.