Chapter 17

The orange eyes didn't move. They stared onto my body, the strong gaze seeming like fire, burning into my flesh. A large claw stepped out into the light. A massive wing revealed out of darkness. It was a blend of gray, yellow, blue, and orange. A pair of antlers slightly lingered in darkness. As the dragon once stared at me again. My heart stopped thumping. I grew shaky. This was a StormCutter! They walk on their second pair of wings and hind legs. Kinda like Flame, but he was front legs. StormCutters are in the SharpClass. Then, to add some detail, they have iridescent scales like a fish. Also they have owllike completions. The StormCutter slowly slinked out of the darkness and faced me. His tail slithering around like a snake. The crowed gasped and I heard my friends murmuring. I stepped back, feeling small comparing to the massive size of the dragon. These dragons also had an incredible hight and size. My gaze streamed up to its eyes. He seemed gentle. I saw Flame, and myself as gazing into the eyes of any dragon. I released my axe. Suddenly somebody yelled. "Get on with it!" I shot a horrified glance at the crowd. At the same moment the StormCutter shrieked and let out a scorching red fire. Before the fire reached me I took out my shield to defend myself. The flame was so powerful it slid me back a feet or two. My arm shook, trying to not fail. As the fire went down I searched for the dragon but it was no where to be seen. I looked up and saw the domed chains rattle and saw the tip of a tail. Before I looked behind myself there a large thud. My eyes grew wide and I froze in fear as I felt hot breath blow my hair over my forehead. "Natalia!" My father screamed. Before I could look back a ginormous paw pinned me down. Throwing my helmet off. I screamed at the top of my lungs as I noticed the StormCutters chest rumbling, ready to strike. // Flame slept on a tree branch, his tail hanging himself upside down. A sound echoed through the forest. His blue eyes flipped open and he leaped to the ground. Suddenly he remembered where the sound would come from. He bolted out of the Forrest and into the village. His eyes flaring and his body glowing white.// Now the StormCutters chest glowed red, it opened up its mouth, ready to strike until the ground rattled like an earthquake. The force was so strong the StormCutter stumbled around, freeing myself. I looked up at the misty mountains, for a strange reason. I heard the pines where roaring upon the mountain. For the reason bravery struck myself. I picked up my shield and grasped my axe. The dragon noticed me and gave out another burst of flame. I held my shield in front of myself. Walking through the flames. The crowd stared as if I was immortal. As the fire quit I stood in front of the beast. Looking into the dragons eyes. It was for a very long moment. The clouds rolled over us, mist swirling along the ground, the scent of rain filled the air. A silent breeze waved my hair gently. Suddenly the breeze picked up strength, but now, it was blowing down on us. I had my shield on my head to protect me. I knew why this was happening. Flame!! The StormCutter roared. The crowd was pinned by the wind, screaming out. "King Of The Skies!" The name sounded familiar. Until it hit me. King Of The Skies is a legend! It's the story of a dragon that has the power of wind, speed, strength, and will all those it can conquer all the elements in the world. But I don't know the story of the legend. A blast of white suddenly struck the chains and a flash of red landed into the arena. Flame ran up to me and snuggled me. "Flame no! You have to go! Now!!" I pushed his body but he was to big not to even nudge. The StormCutter ran forth, aiming for me. But Flame lunged into the bigger sized dragon, both tumbling on the ground. I jumped on the StormCutter and raised up my axe to slice it's head until it stood up and threw me to the stone wall. Ten it blasted red fire, but I ducked down. Thankfully the fire missed me and made a large dark, ember glowing mark on the wall. I panicked, I couldn't move very well. I saw my dad open up the gates to enter the arena. He ran for Flame, his sword unleashing. I gasped and ran for Flame." At the same time both me and my father met up with Flame but I was a little ahead. As he was about to stab into my dragons head I kicked his hand and the sword for him to lose it out of his hands and so the sword fly in the air. I reached up and the sword landed in my hand. "You are not going to kill my dragon. Or any of them again!" I shouted. My fathers eyes looked surprised and angry. "What!?" He snapped. "I am not going to kill anymore dragons!" My father chuckled. "You must be joking? What Viking will not kill anymore dragons?" The crowd grew silent. A voice then echoed the room. "I won't." I looked back and saw Hazel walk out of the entrance to stand by me. "We won't either!" Jared and Jake called at the same time. Bryce and Finn did the same. Lastly Dustin stepped to my father. "I won't either. I've learned to realize that dragons are amazing, fun creatures that can bring people together. We learn new things with them. You can learn who you really are just by seeing that they did nothing to us. So why kill them for no reason. They lived here before us, we're taking their land. They come to protect it. They have reasons why they need to fight for their home. But we have no reason to kill them. We can all reunite with dragons. If we do that. There will be peace and harmony between lands." He walked up to Flame and rested his hand on his head. "So who would not want to kill a dragon now?" The crowd looked at one another and started nodding. "I will." One called out clearly. Until the words swelter over the people and they all join by my side, next to my dragon. My dad was outnumbered. Tears brimmed his eyes as he stood in front of me. "I've learned something today. Is that you are a true Viking." I smiled and we hugged. The crowd cheered happily. Finally dragons and people are united to bond with one another.