Chapter 7

I awoke by the sound of the doves singing in the tree tops, crickets chirping, the sweet smell of the flowing creek, and the sweet smell of spring returning to earth. I opened one eye and noticed Flame has disappeared. My head shot up out of my arms and my eyes scanned the area. I heard a splash in the distance of the flowing creek, I scrambled up to my feet, trying to wake up. I blasted over to the creek and found Flame poking his head into the water and a moment later his head popped up with glimmering, wriggling fish in his jaws. I sighed with relief as he made a graceful leap onto the bank. "Nice catch!" I told him cheerfully. His throat rumbled as he purred. We walked up the slope and to our spot were we slept. Flame dropped the fish on a large rock. But he left one in his mouth and padded over to me. He sat down and dropped it at my feet. I looked down at it, hoping he wasn't expecting me to eat it raw. My gaze met his as I gazed up. He nodded his head to it with a grunt. "I'm only going to eat it if I cook it." I replied to him. I reached down to the fish, slipping out of my hand I caught it with the other. I laid it down, holding it together on a mossy tree stump. I gagged at the slimy feeling as I rubbed my hands on my legs. I searched around for some nice, smooth stones to form a circle for the fire I was deciding to make. After fetching the stones I gently put down the last one and made a perfect circle. "Flame, come here." I motioned him to the circle. I then pointed in the middle of the circle. "Could you make a fire?" I asked. After a moments past fire rushed out of his mouth and it stuck the very center. The flames only come up a bit, but it cooked the wet grass so I can make a proper fire. I searched around the Forrest floor for some sticks, twigs, logs, bark, dried up pine needles, dried leaves, and pine cones. After I did that I set up the sticks in a tent like form, and the logs, dried up materials and pine cones going around it. Flame blasted his white fire to start the fire pit. We laid down, munching on his fish as I sat close to the fire, a cooking fish at the end of my stick. I watched the crackling flames with floating embers and slight grey smoke rising into the atmosphere. Feeling the warmth around my front body. As I sat, I thought about life, I don't know what, but my memories seemed to overwhelm me. All of a suddenly I jerked and remembered I had dragon training today. "Crap!" I blurted out. I noticed Flames ears pricked up. "Flame you stay here until I get back." I responded to him. As I ran away he just went back eating his pile full of fish, as for me, I apparently dropped mine into the fire pit. I hope I don't screw up today! I thought as I stepped into the dragon training school.