Chapter 14

As Dustin's sword was about to land on my hand, I kicked Dustin's hand so the sword would slip and land on the ground. So I did and it worked. The problem was that it almost landed on me. But anyways I caught it by the handle. Then I threw it by the streams bank. Dustin's eyes seemed to grow dark, dangerous, angry, thirsty for blood the shed."What in Odin's name are you doing?!" He snapped as I calmed Flame down. I whipped around toward him. "You wouldn't have beat him anyways!" I tried to explain. Flame nudged closer to me and wrapped his tail around my feet. Dustin's expression  seemed to change to more than worry and fear instead of angry and monstrous. "If you hurt him, he will do anything it takes to kill you..." I sighed, knowing that for a true fact when we faced the Bewilderbeast, the blue Monstrous Nightmare, and even our people. "H-How do you know that?" Dustin asked shakily. "Because he's my dragon." I admitted for the fact I couldn't slip by a lie now. Dustin's eyes grew wide. "Does anyone know about this?" Dustin had an anger tone to his response. I shook my head. He slowly picked up his sword, then blasted off to the direction of the village. My heart thumped knowing he's going to tell everyone. I leaped up on Flames back. "Go get him!" I shouted, but Flame didn't seemed pleased by the order, but he obeyed. But only he made a snort. Flame then took off, he was a very fast dragon, even I believe that he's one of the fastest dragons ever known. When we caught up to Dustin, he knew we were on his tail, so he tried going through uneasy opticals to get through. He landed on a fallen tree. He leaped up, but he was expecting to land on the ground, but instead, Flame caught him by one of his feet. He dangled in the air waving his arms and leg around. "Get me down!" He yelled. I stared down at him. He noticed me and looked up. "I'm only going to let you down if you trust me, and your not going to tell about Flame." I mentioned to him. He shook his head. "Never! Just kill me now!" He mocked. I rolled my eyes. Is he ever going to be this way, he only liked me when I didn't have a dragon, but now he doesn't? We flew to the ocean. "If you want to die, that can be arranged right away!" I called down to him. His eyes grew big and he looked down into the swallowing waves. Suddenly Flame let go when I said. "Drop it." He looked pleased by getting rid of Dustin for this time as he stuck his tongue out and purred. Dustin screamed, "Fine! I'll not tell anyone and I do trust you!" He almost splashed into the ocean until Flame scooped him up. "Here take my hand." I replied, so he can climb up on beside me. He hesitated but then grabbed on to it. I pulled him up, and I could hear him panting and shaking. He seemed a little frightened by being on one of his enemies that he fights and kills. There was silence for a long time, until Dustin asked quietly. "Why do you even have this dragon?" I sighed, remembering the night when the people of the village were spitting out hatful words, disgrace, disrespectful language and attitude. I laid my hand on Flames head. "Because he saved my life." Dustin looked puzzled for a moment. Then I added, "It was the night of my ceremony." He dropped his sword with shock and it landed in the sea. "That's why you ran away..." He sighed, he was about to say another thing but I interrupted. "Don't tell anyone!" I pleaded. "They would probably banish me, or worse!" I held my neck tightly. Dustin nodded. "I'll try, isn't it a little dangerous?" His tone was worrisome. I shook my head. "I seriously doubt it, when I looked into his eyes, I saw myself..." "I bet that would be tough." I smiled at Dustin. Dustin patted Flames side. "He's a good boy." Flame purred. "Oh and I would like to get down." Dustin added. Flame gracefully landed to the ground and Dustin leaped off. "Are you coming? He asked. "Nope! I'm hanging with Flame tonight." I replied. Dustin stopped. "That's a cool name!" He must of thought I didn't name him. We waved our goodbyes and I spent the rest of the day with my dragon.

(Cause idk but it seems like it fits in well... 😅)