Chapter 16

Stood at the gates, gazing through them, the arena. The ancient gates shuttered and rattled as they opened their way to let me trespass. I stopped in the hall way, I turned to see suing silver battle masks dangling on the hooks which were placed on. I took hold of one and gazed at my reflection. The top of the helmet had look like four chunks of braids streaming down to the forehead rim. Which met up with one large one that circled around that base. The sides that cover the cheeks had a design that looked like a sword in a dragons chest. Then, the section that shields the eyebrows and the nose had stripes on the eyebrow part and on the nose part had a very unique lines and swirls. As I was going to slip it on my head I heard foot steps echoing through the hallway. A shape of a body took form in the sunlight. When I stepped up to figure out who it was, it was Dustin. "Hi. Natalia. G-Good luck."  His expression seemed scared. "Thanks. I'm a little scared." I confessed to him. He wrapped his hand around mine. "You will never be afraid. It may seem dangerous but the gods will guide you. I've done this before." I looked down. Hoping this will work. "But what about Flame?" I questioned. He seemed worried for the dragon as well. "Well, I don't know. But we will be here for you. No matter what." I gave him a puzzled look. As I was about to ask Who Is We? Suddenly more people stepped out of the sunlight and circled us. The people were, Jared, Jake, Bryce, Finn, and even Hazel. They all smiled. A smile spread across my face. They all came in and we had a group hug. It was long. I felt all of their worry and fear for me. "I love you guys!" I said cheerfully. But then I stopped. "Do you guys even know what dragon I'll fights?" I asked. Everyone shrugged. Except Finn. He stepped forward. "Well, every year there is different dragons for people to fight, based on their personality, strength, skill. Etc.-" Everyone moaned. "Do you really have to make a speech about this?" Hazel complained. Finn glared at her then went on. "As I was saying," he said in a louder voice so he was clear and do Hazel can hear him. "So, for all those traits that you have, I say. Your dragon is a StormCutter-" Everyone gasped job shock. Bryce playfully bumped Finn. "Do you really think her dragon is a StormCutter. I think you just guessed." Finned pudge Bryce back. "Well, by her keen sight, powerful strength, higher ability of skill and speed, swiftness. It's the closest match I can make." Jared leaned agents the cold stone wall. "Well, no one has killed a StormCutter genius!" Chitter chatter started to grow. "Ok, ok. Stop. We'll see if it is one. Which I hope it's not. But if it is. I'll try my best to kill it." I spoke. Everyone stopped and looked at me. Dustin took my helmet and rested slipped it on my head. "Then that's what you do." I nodded. The gong rang and I stepped in the arena. I looked back at my friends. The gates that led the doorway into the dome shut. Caging them in, only to watch me kill, or be killed. Cheers roared all around me. I looked in front of myself and saw a rack filled with weapons. I walked up to it and gazed at it all. There was hammers, knifes, machetes, spears, bow and arrows, swords, axes, and daggers. I lifted up an axe and a shield. A person walked out to roll the rack away. He looked skinny and shrubby. He bent down, his smelly hot breath tingled my ear. Fear grew inside me. He whispered , "What a shame. Out of all the decisions you could've made in the past, and today, you chose to die." He made an evil like chuckle and rolled the rack away. My eyes grew wide as my mind processed those words. I tried to look brave on the outside but the inside I was terrified. "I'm ready." I called shakily. The large doors held the dragon creaked open. I heard no roars and screeches. Everyone grew silent as blazing orange eyes like a sunset flipped open in the darkness. I deeply inhaled in, standing tall. I didn't yet notice was species the dragon was yet. But in the back of my mind, I knew. I knew Finn was at least 90% right. Right that the StormCutter. The StormCutter, the dragon that no other Viking has to kill. But me.

This is what Natalia's helmet looks like

This is what Natalia's helmet looks like. I really tried my best to describe it! I'll soon at a theme song to the chapters I have not got yet! 😄😅