Chapter 12

It took a long rest of the night to fly back home. I think I dozed off on the way back from the peaceful flight. I awoke as we landed and a willow trees leaves tickled my face. When I opened up my eyes I searched for sun light. But I forgot it was still night. My lungs felt exhausted to get up, plus, I need to get back to the village in case people have been wondering were I was. Flame whimpered with worry as I didn't look so well. Instead he just kept walking closer to the village. "Flame, your not going to be safe if you drop me at the entrance, head that way and into my back yard. I pointed up at the right for him to see. He quickly turned that direction and rushed to my house. As he ran, each paw step didn't even make a signal noise, his luminescent scales that glowed with the moonlight as he slinked among the ground, and his tail lightly brushing on the damp, silver lightened grass blades. As we made it to the porch, Flame gracefully leaped on it and cocked up his neck to my window. I scrambled up his back and onto the window ledge. When I whipped my legs around and into the warmth of the bedroom I noticed Flame looked sad. My hand softly brushed his neck. "I'll come see you tomorrow, it's a weekend so no Dragon Training." I reassured him. He gave a small lick on my hand and silently flew into the shadows. I watched him go until his end of his tail disappeared. I yawned and stretched my arms out and didn't even bother to put on my night cloths. I slipped right into bed and blew my candle off. Right when I smelled the sweet smokey candle aroma, I relaxed and got a good nights rest. // The next day I woke up feeling a lot better than last night. I heard the chatter of voices stirring among the village. I slept in then! I thought surprisingly. I snuggled in bed, trying to wake myself up as I stared out the window and watched nature take its place. A few minutes later I flipped up my covers and went to fetch my drawing book. I reached it out of my satchel and plopped down on my desk. I grabbed a pencil out of a pencil holder that sat farther up the desk. I walked over to the crackling fire place that let out soft, dimmed embers. I laid the tip of the wood pencil into the dark, burning, glowing charcoal. After a while I took the pencil out. I quickly blew off the fire that waved around the tip. As the flames disappeared it left behind a nice, smooth charcoal for to draw. I headed back to my desk and plopped down, beginning to sketch. After bit I set my pencil down and gazed at my master piece. It was a drawing of flame, flying among the sky. Also I drew a ref sheet of him. And wrote down some facts about his type of species on the back page. I sighed and shut my book closed. I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. I held my breath tight for my father to come rushing in and rising up my anxiety level about how good I've done at dragon training. But I realized it was Dustin. "Hello." He stepped in the doorway and sat on my bed. "Hi." I replied not expecting his presence, "Just came to see what your up to." He added, showing an uncomfortable expression. I giggled slightly. "It's alright." He chuckled with embarrassment. "Do you want to walk around for a while?" He asked. I turned to him, "Without our other friends?" I asked confusingly. Usually when we walk around were usually with our group of friends and like to prank other people and mess around. But this time, it felt strange to accept the question, but it is nice to get to know people better so I agreed. "Here let's just go out from here." I mentioned as I headed for the window. "Why there? We have doors for a reason." Dustin retorted. I looked around outside if anyone was around. "Because I don't want anyone to see us, or ask any questions why we're just going off into the Forrest." I told him. He nodded and followed me as I cautiously climbed down. When I thought I would be safe enough to drop down, I let my hands free and my feet planted straight to the earth. Dustin swiftly landed at my side. I started to sprint for the shelter for the trees in case anyone would catch us. Dustin led the way as we leaped over stones, fallen trees, ducking and twisting around derbies and obstacles. Shortly after we were out of sight of the village we walked, catching our breaths from the run. I flipped my bangs back, and took in some air. Dustin looked at me, "What happened to your dragon cloak?" He asked, noticing a twinkle in his eyes. My eyes grew wide. "I-I threw it, w-when I was free..." I responded awkwardly. Then I quickly added, "Do I look bad?" There was a moment of silence. A laugh broke out the silence, "No! Not at all! You look... Better." Dustin smiled. His smile brightened as I made a pink blush streak across my face. "T-thanks..." I put my hands around my back and nudged him playfully. He giggled and did the same. He reached for my hand and my fingertips slipped into his as we strolled along the Forrest. Our shoulders brushed together as we appeared to the willow tree that Flame stopped at when we arrived at the island from the event with the great grey Bewilderbeast. I sat down at the foot of the tree trunk as we started talking about ourselves. Dustin sat next to me. I watched him as he picked daisies and used the stems and neatly tied them. As he did so I turned my attention to the now, pink sky. A gentle breeze sweeped my hair along my face. I thought about Flame, about... Love... For so long, I've never knew what it was, how it feels. "Here." I  found Dustin hand out the flower thing that we was making, it was a flower crown. I blushed like I was like the sunset scarlet sky. "It's lovely." I replied. I dipped my head and closed my eyes as he carefully sat it on my light, dirty blond hair. "Ok. Open up." He said finally. I flipped open my brown eyes. He said nothing, but I knew what was going on in his mind at this moment. I smiled. "You wanna take a look?" He shook his swirling memory. I nodded and he lead me to the closest stream. As we got to the bank, I bent down and peered through the soft ripples and gazed at my reflection. I was shocked that I never noticed how pretty I was. Then Dustin bent down and grinned. My eyes met his reflection. "Thank you." I whispered softly as the moon slowly reappeared out of the horizon. For the rest of the night we sat under the dazzling stars and the talks we had. Finally enjoying the time thinking about what love really means to me. What it means between me and Flame, me and Dustin.

(This, I think the song would be to for this chapter! Hope u like it!)