Chapter 8

I stepped through the doors and I was standing in a large dome-like building, the roof was chains and toward the back of the building were large, wooden doors, and in the center was a rack of weapons and shields. "Oh look whose here." I heard someone say, a few feet of me was Dustin and his friends Jared, Jake, (their cousins), Hazel, Finn, and then Bryce. Hazel was the one who spoke. "Great!" I mumbled. "Who brought her here!" Jake leaned into his cousin Jared. "Ha! Probably that Monsterous Nightmare!" Bryce chuckled. Then they all started laughing. Dustin sighed. Hazel elbowed him, "What's wrong? We here are just beginning the fun!" He laughed but I knew it was not his real one. "Didn't you hear me?! Form a line!!!" All of the laughs and mocking stopped and our heads twisted around to the teacher. Yet I didn't realize he had already tried to give out orders. His name was Admon. He was a good friend to my father sense they were young. But yet he has a strong temper. As we got into a line he started walking side to side. "First, you got to know about all the dragons we have! Before you start, think up all the names you can think of." He asked. Long moments past but for some reason no one said anything. "We already know about the dragons! Just get on!" Bryce moaned. "Ok, let's just start off with about a dragons weakness! Find its weak spot, if not, just go on and be blown to bits! Let's start out with the..... StormCutter!" Everyone gasped and Admon walked outside and watched us from the dome chains. "H-hey! Aren't you gunna teach us first!?" Dustin called. Admon chuckled. "Nope! I thought you slackers knew about dragons!" He pressed down on a lever and the gate slowly, opening up and screeches and roars came from inside until the StormCutter sprung out and let out blazing red fire. Some of us screamed and ran for the weapon rack for shields. I took hold of of a black and red shield."How do you hold this?" I was puzzled just then as I struggled the StormCutter ran for me and held up a paw and was just about to rake at my body with its claws. I heard Admon shout out, "Natalia!!" I quickly got adjusted and held the shield and skidded. I made a swift summer salt and swung my ax its face. It whimpered and quickly slithered into the cage, it's tail drifting behind. As the gate shut the last thing I saw was a yellow eyes staring into my soul. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders. I looked over at Dustin. He has a wide grin on his face but I knew he was terrified of I was going to get crushed. "That was amazing!" Jared and Jake ran up with wide eyes. "Could've done better..." Bryce mumbled. "How did you do that so well?" Finn asked. I seemed kinda shocked with all the attention I was getting. "I-I really don't know, senses?" Finn gasped, Finn, he was like the nerd of the group, he knew everything about dragons and is very smart. He may look tough even thought he was huge, and you could say "fat." But I would never point out the obvious. Bryce, he's the snotty one, the show off, and jock. Hazel, she liked Dustin. It's obvious. But she's the fast, quick witted one. But she can also be a show off and thinks she's better than everyone. And then along with Dustin. He's the strong, smart, understanding, funny one. He also doesn't point out the obvious. And last the cousins. They always fought with each other, they are great at comebacks, they are a little bit of slackers, they are competitive, and are very stupid. We all were stupid, we've done crazy things no one can even think about! I wonder how this group of people have become friends? With such strange personalities. "Now that is how you fight off a dragon. Well done!" Admon patted my head. I smiled, hoping I will screw up the next time I come back!

( I chose this song for this chapter because mostly their the cool kids, well Natalia wasn't until she did very quickly.)