"Shit," I cursed, throwing back at the blankets and sliding out of bed, ignoring the dull throb in my knee and hips, "Ugh, Jesus, we need to go tell Malachi and the others. Get your clothes on." Cain grunted, rolling out of bed onto his feet and coming around to stand beside me, running his hand down my back to the base of my tail that was still freely swaying against the floor.

"Are you all right? Maybe you should stay here," He added with a frown, "You're probably still in pain."

"Well, I don't mean to open a can of worms, bro, but trust me, thanks to you, I've dealt with a lot worse than this." I assured. Cain didn't flinch or show remorse, but just nodded and retreated to his closet. I made my way to the bathroom and paused to frown at my ruined uniform, then turned back as Cain came in with a shirt and corset.

"Do you have anything I can wear?" I asked. Cain paused, holding a shirt in his hand before a playful smile fell across his lips. I grimaced.

"Okay, do you have anything I can wear that wasn't pulled out of Sluts Weekly?" I asked. Cain snorted and threw the turtleneck shirt at my face before he went to fetch me a pair of pants. I smirked at that, tugging the shirt on over my head and using my powers to make my tail vanish. I ran a hand through my hair as Cain came back, handing me a pair of leather pants.

"Don't ruin those," Cain added, pointing a finger in my face as I resisted the urge to grin wickedly at him, "In fact, don't ruin anything that belongs to me." I just shrugged, pulling the pants on. I glanced over my shoulder to watch Cain pull a red turtleneck on with a small black corset, followed by his leather pants.

"Why do you even wear corsets?" I asked, cocking my head. Cain glanced at me, then looked away as he gave the corset laces a tight tug that instantly slimmed him down.

"It makes me look sexy." He replied, but I had a feeling that wasn't the truth. Trying to get a real answer out of Cain was like trying to make a working Porsche out of a rock. I just shook my head before we left his room and headed down the hallway to the throne room. It felt odd to walk beside Cain again. The even weirder part was that our steps matched up.

Left, right, left, right.

Jesus, twins could be creepy.

I was about to make a joke about it until we entered the throne room. It was completely quiet and empty. There was no sign of Hannibal laying on the floor. My eyes widened and I opened my mouth to say something, but Cain spoke first. Actually, he screamed and another fissure of power shot through the room, blowing my hair back from my face. I winced as he stormed into the middle of the room, looking around.

"That stupid son of a bitch is still alive?! Are you fucking kidding me?! When I get my hands on him, I'm going to make what I did to Heracles look like a frolic through a daisy field!" He shouted furiously, shaking his fists at his sides. I scowled, confused.

"What did you do to Heracles?" I asked. The great hero, the son of Zeus and a mortal, named mostly to spite Hera. Heracles had actually been a good friend of mine back when I lived in Elysium and he commonly visited to tell me stories. Because he was immortal, his death wasn't final or permanent. His soul was sent to Olympus, to live out his days with his father. He even had his own temple now, much to Hera's rage. Hera played it sweet for Zeus, but whenever Zeus wasn't present and Heracles was around, she'd rip him a new one.

"Nothing," Cain said abruptly, turning his back to me, "Great, this just makes the icing on the cake, don't it? Ugh, let's just get to Malachi's and warn him about Hannibal. Then I'm going to triple my guard and find that bastard and rip his intestines out, then make them regrow every fucking night like Zeus did to Prometheus, only a thousand times worse. Shred his innards and make him eat them."