Left*

Green's Apartment

The light of the morning sun flitted through the curtains, lighting up the room. Red lay atop of Green, admiring the view before him. Green's hair was messy, sticking up in all angles from the long day before. Red's finger absently traced his smooth tan skin as his chest rose and fell with each deep breath.

Slowly, Green stirred awake beneath him. "Do you usually stare at people in their sleep?" He yawned and lightly ran his fingers through Red's hair. Red, embarrassed at being caught, blushed and shook his head.

Green relaxed against the bed once more, enjoying the soft morning light and the feel of his boyfriend's skin against his own. "Hey... Red?" Red looked up, meeting Green's eyes as he thought back to their conversation with Leaf. "What do you want to do? Do you even want to go see your mom?"

Red sat up, no longer comfortable just laying around as the topic weighed heavy in the air. Did he want to see his mom? Sure he misses her, and it's been a while but... now he's with... and he never told her. Not of his feelings or when it actually happened. How would she react? She was a stubborn woman who was stuck on some pretty old beliefs- not to mention that he never told her what happened with Team Flare. She'd ask questions and, as much as Green- and everyone else- wanted to act as though everything was okay, Red could see the hollowness of his eyes. Every time he looked into the mirror he had to convinced himself he was just tired and was not haunted by the days that had passed while he was under Lysandre. What if his mother looked at him and saw what Lysandre had turned him into? What if she saw him flinch from a sudden touch? What if she saw his fear when someone raised their voice at him? What would he tell her?

"Red?" Started out of his thoughts he looked up. "You okay?... Talk to me."

He sighed softly. "I... I don't know. What if... Green what if she doesn't accept me- accept us?"

He wants to tell her about us?! The thought of telling Red's mom, a woman who used to tuck him into bed next to Red during sleep overs, embarrassed him to no end. He pushed his feelings aside and gently grabbed Red's shoulders. "Red, she's your mom. Knowing her, she'll accept you as you are. She loves you. You're her only ki-son!" Wait actually... What about Vanessa? How does she fit into all th-?

"You think?"

"Yeah." Green smiled softly at him, but noticed the tension in his shoulders had not yet left. "What is it Red?" He lifted his head up by his chin, saddened by the tears gathering in his eyes.

"Wh-... What if she sees how I'm... broken?..."

"Broken?"

Red pushed Green away and curled in on himself, his fingers tugging on his hair as he shook his head. "Ever since I was taken again all my memories came rushing back. The pain, the torture, the tests. I've had a nightmare every night since. I dream of being strapped down to a table and scientists standing over me, talking about me as though I wasn't even a person.... Sometimes I look down at my hands and I can still see the blood staining them." He sat, staring at his shaking hands, as though he was in a trance. Suddenly he looked up, his eyes empty and a sad smile on his face. "If you knew everything, even you would leave me."

"Red?" Green's voice pushed passed the ball of emotion that clogged his throat as he watched his boyfriend slowly spiraling down.

Red got another far off look in his face, it was as though he was looking through Green, at something farther away. "When Lysandre put me against those other grunts, he told me it was so I could permanently get rid of his rivals and enemies. Sometimes, after a fight, when I'd be in my cell he'd come in and show me pictures of the grunts I fought that didn't make it... Green... I've killed people."