Finishing Touches

Start from the beginning

Of course the animal had no idea what I was on about but it felt good to speak my thoughts.

"I don't think I can face them again, Greywind. I feel horrible for abusing their hospitality and kindness, just because I'm not getting my own way. Robb won't want to speak with me either."

"Won't I?" his deep voice startled me, and the wolf sprang into a protective stance before seeing that it was his master.

"Oh, Robb," I stood up, brushing my skirt out,"I was about to come back-"

"There is no need, my lady. Everyone understood your outburst, granted, it did take us all by surprise. But they are willing to forget everything."

I was silent for a few seconds."How long...how long have you been stood out there?"

"I'm afraid that I have been there since the beginning of that, emotional, speech." he smiled his dazzling smile, making me feel even worse.

"I am a terrible person. I'm sorry if I have upset you or offended you."

"I too have the same feelings. It isn't nice to feel uninvolved with something that will change your life forever."

Sighing, I sat on my bed."I'm going to apologize to everyone individually. They deserve that at least."

"You know," he sat down beside me,"I ordered Greywind to stay away from you today, so that you would not get into anymore trouble."

"I don't think he listened to you." we laughed as we looked at the direwolf sat proudly before us.

"It's because he likes you. Mother thinks that's an omen from the gods."

"A good one?"

"Yes, a good one."

"Well, Greywind is welcome anytime. He's nice to cuddle with."

Before we could continue the conversation, small, soft knocks tapped on my door. As I called for them to enter, the door opened slowly, revealing Harry, who's face was red and stained with tears.

"Harry, you can come in." I smiled as he hesitated at the door.

He walked up to me, handing over a book, a flower and a smal cake."These are for you."

"Thank you Harry. But why? I've been mean to you today." I scooped him up into my arms, sitting him on my lap.

"Mother said that you were very upset because of grown up things."

I heard Robb chuckle.

"Well, she's not wrong. But I'm sorry for shouting at you. I'm not angry at you. I love you, ok?"

"I love you too." he picked up my small gifts."This is a rose because it's your favourite, and this is a book you can read because you love it, and this is a...um...oh! A lemon cake from Sansa. She said it would make you feel better."

I smiled at my innocent baby brother."Thank you so much." I kissed his cheek."You can go.off and play now, I know you want to."

He kissed my cheek in return before waddling off. I saw a handmaiden pick him up through the crack in my door, she must have been the one who brought him.

"You see? No one is mad at you."

"Let's just hope they have the same reaction as Harry."

As the day went on, I bumped into everyone I needed to apologise to. I found the younger Stark boys training with their swords in the yard, whereas the girls were stuck inside stictching with Septa. My older siblings and their wives were walking around the market stalls, exploring my new home and my parents were stood with Lady Catelyn on a balcony, watching the people below them. I sincerely apologised to everyone, feeling awful for disturbing breakfast that morning. Everyone but my parents were considerate, they gave me a good scolding before I was forgiven.

"Lady Stark, where should I find Lord Stark?" I asked her.

"He may be in his office, though I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you disrupted him for this particular reason."

After getting directions, I arrived at Ned's office door. Knocking lightly, I heard him yell 'enter' before I heaved open the heavy door. He looked up from his papers, smiling when he saw me.

"Lady Fierre, what is the meaning of this visit?"

I approached his desk."I wanted to say that I'm sorry for what happened earlier today. It was definitely how a lady shouldn't talk and I know that I have offended your house. Please forgive me."

"Please sit, child."

I did as he said, preparing myself for a lecture of some sort.

"I'm glad that you expressed those feelings this morning."

"Excuse me? I don't understand."

"Anyone could see that you bottled up those emotions to keep everyone happy. I spoke with your mother afterwards, she too said that you think of others before yourself quite a lot."

"I just don't want to be a burden."

"You're not a burden to anyone. It isn't healthy to do that, you need to let out your anger, otherwise, incidents like this morning can happen."

"It just angered me that mother and father were the ones stressing about the wedding when I'm the one getting married."

"You have to understand that it is more than just a wedding. It's a tie between our houses, we're all allies and family. All of the guests coming will side with both houses now, meaning we have a greater force."

My eyes widened at the thought of war."But we don't need an army for anything, do we?"

He chuckled."No, of course not. But it's always best to be safe and prepared."

"I understand it but...." I let out a long sigh, rubbing my hands over my face,"....oh, I don't even know anymore."

"Bethan, you will be welcomed here. We already feel as if you are a part of this family, you have nothing to fear."

I smiled."Well, apart from messing up my lines on the day."

He laughed."Don't worry, I'm sure your mother will have that drilled into your brain soon."