Chapter 10

(Louis's POV)

Today the lads and I have decided to put Becca in school. She should get her education. She came downstairs and we all stood up.

"What is it?"

"Well, you see Becca, we have all decided to put you into school." As soon as the words left my mouth, her face turned white as a ghost.

"N-N-NO! I can't go to school! I-I can't! You can't make me!" She screamed and ran upstairs. Shortly after, I heard the door slam.

"Well, that went well." Harry said, earning a smack on the back of his head by Liam.

"Why did she yell and scream at us?" Niall said quietly.

"I-I don't know mate." Zayn said.

"I'm going to try and find out." I said walking up the stairs. I knocked on the door. I heard sniffles and a quiet 'go away.'

"Please let me in Becca. I just want to talk to you. It's me, Louis." I pleaded but I heard nothing. "Becca. Please, I just want to know what's happening to you. I hate to see you this way!" I heard shuffling and then the door opened. I didn't even make a move when she was already clinging to me.

"Please don't m-make m-me g-go." She begged. She was crying so hard she could barely talk. I picked her up and brought her to the bed.

"Shhhh. It's all right Becca. I won't make you but you have to tell me why first." I started rocking back and forth with her in my lap.

"I-I can't."

"Please Becca. Please tell me." I whispered.

She started to shake so I wrapped my arms tightly around her. "Shhhh. It's alright. Just breathe first. Just breathe." She finally started to calm down. I sat up and turned her so she was facing me in her lap. "Alright. Tell me what happened."

"Well, before I went to the adoption center, I went to school for a while. It was terrible. People pushed me, bruised me, kicked me, hit me. I was beaten every day. People called me names. Everyone hated me. No one liked me. I had no friends. Not even the teachers liked me. Finally, Ms. Marx took me out and decided to make me do chores." She was looking at her hands in her lap. I could see the tears rolling down her cheeks. I hugged her tight.

"I'm sorry baby. I will look into home schooling. I promise you will never go through that ever again." I kissed her forehead and laid down with her in my arms. she wrapped her tiny arms around my stomach and whispered the words that broke me.

"I love you Daddy."

"I love you too. now, lets get some breakfast okay?" she closed her mouth and shook her head. Oh ya. The pill. I sighed. "Becca, you will take that pill, the hard way or the easy way. One way or another you will take that pill." And with that, I stood up and carried her down the stairs. she buried her head in my neck.

I set her on a chair and went to grab the pill and some milk. when I came back, she was gone! I ran to the living room to see the lads stretched out on the couch watching TV.

"Where's Becca!?" I screamed.

"What do you mean Lou?" Liam asked.

"Well I went to get her pill and I go to the table and she is gone!" I was getting frantic.

"Well, she didn't come through here so she should still be in the kitchen." Niall stood with the rest of the boys.

We searched the whole house. Finally, I heard Zayn yell for us. We ran to his voice and found him sitting by my bed with her in his arms. She was shaking and crying. I sighed and took her in my arms.