Chapter 4

(Becca's POV)

I unpacked all my stuff and was about to go make some new cuts when I heard someone knock on the door. I quickly slid the black box back under my bed and got the door. All the boys were standing there. They looked serious. "Becca, is it all right if we come in for a second?" Niall spoke. I nodded and sat on my bed. They came in and Zayn lifted me and replaced me. He sat me on his lap. I tensed and he leaned into my ear. "Shhhh. Don't worry baby girl, we won't hurt you. Ever." Harry sat on my right and Louis sat on my left. Niall and Liam stood in front of us. I wasn't very comfortable. They looked kind of scary. Every bit of excitement came out of them and was replaced by maturity.

"Becca, we have something important to tell you. Don't freak out." Niall looked at me with a straight face. Huh?! What does he mean freak out?

"You see, there is this boy band called One Direction. They are known all around the world by lots of people." Louis must have saw my confused expression because he took a deep breath and continued, "There are five boys in the band. Those boys.....are us." They all waited, it took me about a minute for it to sink in. These people, that adopted me, were a famous band!

"Okay, so to be clear, you guys are a band and you are famous?" They all nodded. I blew out a breath. I wasn't excited or anything. I just needed to figure out something to say, "That's.......Cool."

Harry looked at me a little closer, "You're not going to freak out, ask us questions...." He trailed off in surprise. I shrugged, "I've never heard of you guys so I guess I don't really know what to ask."

"Alright, we better go get something to eat. You must be hungry, right Becca?" Liam looked at me as if I was a baby tiger at the zoo. Uh-oh. I usually don't eat that much. All the kids at the orphanage told me I was too fat and things like that so I never really ate. Also, miss Marx never fed me very much because she thought I was worthless. What if the boys make me eat lots. I will burst! 

I shrugged, "Not really. I don't feel like eating." I didn't look up. They might see something that tells them I'm lying. Zayn shifted me in his lap so I was facing him. "Becca, look at me." His voice was calm and soft. I looked at my hands. "Becca, look at me, now." This time his voice was stronger. I hesitated so he lifted my chin with two fingers so I was forced to look at him.

"Why are you lying?" His eyes were pretty.

"I-I don't know wh-what your t-talking about." I stuttered.

Zayn studied me for a moment before getting up and carrying me downstairs. He set me on the dining room chair and went to the fridge. Moments later he came to the table and set a ham sandwich in front of me. I stared at it and gulped. I couldn't do it. I took two bites and I already felt like I was going to explode. I stopped and held my stomach. I pushed the plate away and Zayn pushed it back. "You didn't even take 3 bites." He looked at me with a hard and worried face.

I held his gaze for a few moments and said coldly, "I'm. Not. Hungry." We had a stare-down until hands wrapped around my waist and I was soon looking into deep green eyes. Harry. "Alright, you look tired. Let's get you to bed." He said walking me up the stairs. He tucked me in and I had one more question, "What's my last name?" I asked quietly.

"Well," Louis began, "We all joined in on signing the papers, but since I am the oldest, you get my name. It's now Becca Tomlinson." He said smiling. They all kissed my forehead whispering goodnights and shut the door. I went to sleep thinking about my parents. My real parents.

 FOLLOW

SHARE

VOTE

-MANDYx