Chapter 25

Taylor's P.O.V

It's been 2 days and I haven't heard anything from Patrick. His mum has been around threatening me saying he came home distraught after he left the hospital that day. I didn't care, she didn't come into the room since Jenna had to call security because she was threatening to come into my room and kill me.

I heard her abuse towards me. But I couldn't feel anything, no sadness, no hurt, no pain, no guilt, I didn't feel anything.

"You should've died" I heard her shout through the door as her voice faded away. That one sentence rings in my ears constantly since she said it. Why didn't I die? I mean why was I kept here if all of the people who are meant to love me either hate me, tried to kill, or wanted me dead because it would be a better life for them?

The two days pass by in a blur with Jenna coming in to say hi and check on me. Mark came around to see me but I didn't talk much, he just sat in the corner where Patrick did and told me about how everything and everyone at school is doing and how their missing me and how Patrick is still saddened about what happened.

He also told me something that got my attention:

"Jake isn't his self. He's stopped groping girls and going after them and every girl that throws themselves at him, he just pushes to the side and walks by. No emotion nothing. He isn't the usual jerk like before. He's being nice to the nerds and he actually hasn't gotten a detention since he came to visit you" I sat up when he said that but I didn't say anything. I just nodded and thought about it as he continued to blab on with the rest of his story.

I'm sat in my bed - not like I'd be anywhere else or anything, when she walks into my room and grabs the clipboard at the end of my bed which has gotten quite a lot of papers from the time I've been here. In fact I've become very proud of my collection.

She looks at it and then looks up at me and smiles "You're free to go home". I feel happy but saddened and worried, where would I go? She sees the worry on my face "What's the matter?"

I sigh "It's just I don't have anywhere to go 'home' to" She looks confused and I fill in for her telling her that Patrick and I aren't on the best terms right now and I can't go home, home because the police are all over the house right now searching for evidence against 'him'.

"Oh I know, I'm just confused because a Mrs Orange-peel signed the papers to take you home and for you to be in her care until you get better". My jaw drops and I sit straight up, wincing slightly at the sudden pain.

"Oh so she's taking me home?" I ask and she nods.

My world has just taken a whole new direction and it's not great...

*********************************

Sorry for the short paragraph. I've not been feeling great lately but I didn't want to not write a chapter since I promised to do them every Friday and it's Saturday today. It's short which will be good for some of you who like short paragraphs but I promise a longer and more detailed paragraph next Friday.

Thanks for reading and read on next Friday to find out how Taylor get's on with Mrs Orange-peel!!!

Brandan (A.K.A Louise) xxx