Chapter 10

"If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you won't give up. If you give up you're not worthy... Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just godda' find the ones who are worth suffering for" - Bob Marley.

Patrick's P.O.V

We walk into the park and I look at Taylor and she looks amazed. I stay watching her as her face lights up catching the light perfectly. This is going to be a good day.

Taylor's P.O.V

We arrive at the park and I can't believe how much it has changed since I last saw it. The small green fence has gone and has been replaces by taller and probably much heavier black gates. I guess that's to stop vandals or animals getting in. The trees have no leaves on them as it's Autumn and they look bare with no colour. The life in them has gone. The play sets on the playground has been removed and replaced with basketball courts and rope swings and two bare swings that don't resemble happiness and memories anymore.

"What happened to the all the slides and swings?" I ask as we sit down near the base of a tall tree. It's the biggest out of the lot and I picked it out because it looks familiar but I can't remember why. Patrick sighs as I ask him the question and then looks out to where teenage boys are having a throwing session and seeing who can get the basketball in the net first.

"They got rid of them because children didn't come to the park as much as they used to. All these games on consoles and things, children stay outside. The government wanted to bring people back to the park and so they did a servey around all the estate here and asked what they wanted to see in the park and what the public thing would bring children and adults of all ages back. Most of the kids said basket ball courts and special football fields and stuff. Elderly residents and many of the older generation tried protesting to it as it would be destroying memories but they didn't listen and so here it is" he finishes and I didn't realise I was crying until a tear slips down my face and lands on my jacket. I quickly wipe it away and dab my eyes, hoping my mascara doesn't run. Luckily Patrick doesn't notice.

He takes out the things we need E.G Laptop, scrap paper for any extra ideas, snacks and my work. He lays it down and then starts the Laptop up. I look at him as he stares intently at the screen. His jawline defined. A image flashes into my head of the night we slept together and it's of his chest. His abs glisten with sweat as I trace the lines that run along his chest.

I snap out of it when I hear him say something "Yeah, sorry what did you say?"

"I said does this look like a goos start" I look to the screen and he's started already. I do a once over not really taking time to read it and look back to him and nod. He nods back and I sit watching him mess around with fonts and other things that I guess you need in presentations. He moves to taking my work form the e-mail I sent him and he takes it and re-reads it to make sure I haven't miss spelt anything, let's be honest I can't spell for shit.

Once he's made his final checks he starts to put it together onto the presentation. I continue to watch im. I start to smirk when his tongue starts to poke out the side of his mouth. He realises and looks at me and I can't hold it in. I burst out laughing and he looks at me with furrowed eyebrows. He stops typing and continues to look at me with confusion.

"What?"

"Your doing your concentration face" I tell him pointing at where his tongue once poked out of his mouth.  He frowns then it dawns on him. He smiles as he realises what I was laughing at and to my surprise he joins in. It's always been his concentration face. Me and Mark used to make fun of him for it and he used to either hit us, chase us, tell us to shut up or just simply tickle me. I stop in my train of thought and he's the one smiling at me now. He's got that evil glare. I realise that he is planning n tickling me. I get up quickly and he jumps to his feet.

I run off screaming as he chases me down like a wolf hunting down it's prey. It's faster than it's prey but that doesn't mean that the prey gives up. My legs begin to feel like dead weight as I can't run much longer. I can feel him at my heels and if I slow down then it could be all over. The wolf will have it's prey. It's too late; I feel his strong arms wrap around my small frame and I'm jolted back by his slowing pace.

We come to a hault and I almost trip over my own feet because of how fast he stopped me from my fast pace. Well atleast I think it was fast paced. Have you ever thought that your going really fast because the wind if whipping through your hair and you feel like your the fastest thing on earth but really you look like the weirdo who runs funny and who runs slowly but thinks they are running really fast?,  yeah well just imagine that in the park and how I probably look VS how I think I look.

He starts to tickle me and I can't help itI start to sink to the ground as the tickling get's worse. He knows where all my tickly spots are and that's the bad thing. I'm on the ground by now and he's on top of my tickling me until I start to plead for mercy. He laughs and then stops, we stay like this aproximatly for about 2 minutes then realise what positions we're in. He's straddling me and I'm underneath him. We both jump up and I brush myself off and check myself over to make sure I don't have any grass stains on my clothes.

I see that something dawns on him and I go to ask him whats up but I didn't need to as he shouts it out. "Oh shit the Laptop" he runs back to the tree and I follow suit but it's hard to run on grass with high heels.

I catch up to him and I see him sitting back down at the base of the tree with Laptop in hand - on his knee and he's typing away again.

"Yo-" I begin but I'm stopped in my tracks as something on the side of the tree catches my eye. There's writing on it, it's been carved into the tree bark but it's what the writing says that's interesting.

'Friends Always TM + PH' are carved into the side of the tree.

"This is the tree we used to sit under all the time" I gasp as the reason why I picked this tree suddently was answered......