Chapter 21

Patrick's P.O.V

I take a seat next to her and she looks so perfect when she lies there. She's still herself even with all the cuts and bruises and there are lots.

I'm about to get onto the bed and lie with her but the doctor comes in as I have my leg up. Her face falters slightly but remains solemn. Her hand raises in a gesture to get me to come towards her. She nods her head towards the open door and I nod getting that she wants to talk to me.

Once we get outside she shuts the door quietly and raises her voice slightly but still quiet enough to no disturb Taylor and so the other passers by on the corridor can't hear.

"When we took her down-" she starts. "We found a lot of bruises some old some newer that weren't from the accident she had today. We also found old bones that had been broken and some bones that are still broken which look new" her face is very cold, showing no emotion as she opens her file and begins to read off everything. "Fractured bones, deep bruising, torn muscles, lacerations to her face, vagina and other areas where penetrations has occurred" I look at her as she says those last words.

"So you're telling me that she's been raped or sexually assaulted more than once" I ask with wide eyes. She looks down at the floor and then back up again. Then she nods.

"She has been through a lot and one of specialists have said that this may have been going on for a while seeing that she has so many bruises cuts, and broken bones that are old" I can't believe she has been suffering for that long and never told me. The pain she would have gone through. I sigh very heavily thinking about it, tears brimming at the edges of the cliffs that are my eye lids; ready to fall. Some slips but other cling onto my eyelashes.

My hands begin to tremble as I look up towards her. "Can I ask you one last question?" She nods.  "Judging by the amount of bruises and broken bones she had she must have broken one atleast 3 times a week, and she must have gotten a new bruise almost everyday. But that's just a guess, we'll have to wait until she awakes to ask her about it but she may not want to talk about it but we'll see. Now if you want to sleep next to her you may. If that's all then I need to be going. If anything happens press the red button that's laying on her bedside" I nod and watch as she walks calmly back down the hall. I turn towards her door and walk back in.

The noises are still the same as they were 10 minutes ago but now I can't help but see all of her wounds. They've cleaned all of her make-up off - well what's left of it - and I can see all of her bruises now and it's instantly clear why she had all that make-up on.

That time that I saw that mark on her face, it was a bruise that she hadn't quite covered up well enough, the time when Jake hit her and a bruise showed on top of the old one making it seem a worse bruise than it actually was. When I saw those bruise up her legs and thighs those were from him.

Anger boils up inside of me as I think about him touching her and how scared she must have been. Images of her crying while he puts his hands on her, screaming for help but no one can hear. Tears fall of the edge of the cliff and cascade down the side of my face. Pain searing up through my heart deep inside of my chest.

Until I hear myself sobbing in the chair that I decided to sit in before I got onto the bed. Sobbing outloud and for the first time I didn't stop them, I let them fall, I opened my mouth to scream and I knew exactly know she felt in those moments when he touched her because...

Nothing came out.....

**********
So sorry for the late update. I'll try and get it on time next Friday don't forget to vote on his story if you liked it and vote or read my other story "The rich boys girl".