Chapter 26

I stared at the ground as the painful howls bounced off the walls in the room echoing. I tried to ignore them but they only grew louder. I growled lowly.

"Luna deep breaths." A man held my hands flat on the desk. I glared at him but took deep breaths till I controlled myself. Foot steps echoed in the hall. The man stood in front of me guarding me I guess as the door sung open.

"Well we found her." One of the men chuckled. All of the pack members attacked them at once leaving me unprotected. One of the vampires come after me. I sat patiently waiting for him to get closer. Once he was almost an inch away I let my wolf out. The sight wasn't pretty at all. There was blood everywhere I couldn't even recognize there was a body before me.

"Luna there's more coming." The guy panics.

"Well it look like we have work to do." I said looking at the war below. We all walked out and started killing vampires. My wolf took care of everything. She took control and killed as if that was her only purpose to do so. I leaned against the wall as one of the men checked outside.

"Still fighting. None of our men our dead a few injuries. Alpha isn't there.." He says. I look up at him making him stop mid sentence.

"What do you mean not there?" I asked softly.

"He's not with the rest of the warriors. He's probably looking for the Prince." He answered. I sigh and stood up straight.

"Luna where are you going?" Another one asked.

"To find Rhys."

"Let's just take a break. Have some water maybe." He laughed lightly. I looked at him unamused.

"I'm gonna go find him." I said walking towards the door. All three of them stood in front of the door.

"I'm sorry we can't let you do that." 

I felt my wolf stir inside me. I growled they all bowed but held their place.

I'll kill them all. They all are traders.

I groaned as my stomach felt like it was eating itself.

Mate is in trouble. Anthony has him. He's killing him Alexia. My wolf whimpered.

I ran to the front door and like I expected they followed. I turn and ran past them and out the back door. I shifted into my wolf and helped the wolves near by. Soon there were no more vampires in the area and they ran out to help others that were fighting deeper in the woods. I let my wolf catch Rhys scent and followed it. Once I got there I seen Rhys on the ground holding his stomach. Anthony was smiling and reaching for Rhys. I was about to go attack but someone beat me to it. They jumped on Anthony from the side bringing him to the ground a few feet away from Rhys. They were trying to take his head off but Anthony wasn't having it. I went over to help them out but Anthony got free. I grabbed him by his neck and let my canines sink into his neck and pulled away. Anthony screamed in pain. I couldn't stop myself from continuing ripping through his neck.

"Luna that's enough. He won't be recovering from this." A pack member whispered running her hand through my fur. I shifted and spit out the blood and pieces of Anthony out of my mouth. I crawled to Rhys and he smiled at me. I kissed his forehead and ran my hand through his hair.

Rhys looked badly hurt not including the large wound in his stomach. His stomach was pooled with blood. I felt tears fall from my cheeks as I saw the knife was still there. I grabbed hold of the handle it burned my hand but I pulled it out anyway. Rhys growl and groaned at the same time. Someone came next to us.

"We have to get him treated right away Luna." He said. I nod as I see his eyes close. A few more pack members carried Rhys away I stood to follow them.

"A-Alexia." A voice called I turned to him. The man I feared for years. He was bloody and a mess on the ground. Barely having a neck and blood coming out of his mouth. "H-Help m-me." He tried to lift his hand and it only his fingers moved. I clenched the knife in my hand. It burned I'm pretty sure there with be a bruise there later. I thought of the times he hurt me, he raped me, he starved me, he torched me, he let everyone feed off me, he let them hurt me. He claimed he loved me. He let he run just to catch me and hurt me. Now he dare ask me for help? I felt my body shake with rage and hate. I stabbed the knife where his heart was supposed to be. He winced.

"My pleasure." I smirked and pressed my foot down to make sure the knife was really in there. His face twisted in pain. Then I kicked his head off his body. It went flying into a bush. Maybe it was a bit much but I needed to make sure he was gone this time.
For good.

-

"Luna maybe you should get yourself cleaned up." One if the nurses tell me. Rhys was still in surgery and they won't let me watch. He was my mate !! I should have all the rights to be with him every step of his recovery. My wolf growled in agreement.

"Alexia come on." My father stood next to the nurse. Justin already tried and I ignored him and told him to go away. I didn't recognize my voice it was filled with so much power and control. He just left without another word. I don't think that would work again.

"No. Rhys is .." I start. He gives me that stare. I growl and walk out the waiting room. When I got outside I get in the car. My dad walks slowly to the car playing with his keys without the care in the world. I honk the horn at him. He jogs to the car and starts it. I wanted to get back before he woke up.

We drove in the car in silence. My leg kept bouncing. Why couldn't I just shower at the hospital anyway ? Why didn't I think of that before?

"Go shower. Come to my office." He said and got out the car. I follow him and rush to my room. The quicker the better. I took a hot shower scrubbed all the blood and dirt off of me. Making sure to wash my hair clean too. After I was dried off I put on some long pants and a t shirt. My dad was standing by his window looking out at the night sky when I came in. It must have been 3 am by now.

"Alexia you did good today. I can see you are much more comfortable and relaxed now that Anthony is gone." He says not turning to me. I take a seat on the couch. I wait for him to continue. He was right I was more relaxed I didn't even flinch at his name. "I'm proud of you." He says I smile. "Your mother is proud and so is Justin but with victories comes loses. Rhys is hurt. He is in a coma.." My dad tells me and I'm pretty sure my heart just fell to my stomach.

I hugged my knees to my chest as I felt my eyes burn with tears ready to fall. "He's fine and should be awake in a week or two nothing too serious. He just needs rest." My dad sits next to me. "Put your legs down." He commands softly and I do. He wipes my face then I realized I was crying. "With Rhys resting you have to be Luna. The pack is weak from the attack and there's a lot of work to be done to recover. Rhys' father has been hurt too. So you need to step in as Luna and take care if things while they recover." He continued.

"What about Rhys' mom?" I asked.

"Melissa will be helping with the injured." He explains. I nod. "You will be sleeping in your room tonight. You can see Rhys when you wake up. Don't argue. The pack needs you to be strong for them. Get some sleep." He kisses my head. He was right. The pack needed me to be strong and so does Rhys.

"Good night." I whisper and go back to my room. I laid down and sleep took me instantly.
_______
Good chapter ? I think this chapter had a lot of events. I didn't wanna make it too short and cut it at Anthony's death.

I do not know anything about how to kill vampires but I'm pretty sure if there head is detached from their body they dead. Vampires aren't really my category.

There are only gonna be a few more chapters in this book. There will be no sequel.

Tell me what you guys think and sorry this chapter long.