Chapter 22

We ended up playing a guessing game. Who ever guessed the number I was thinking of got to train with me. The instructor was getting tired and finally a girl guessed 28.

Once everyone else was paired up we stretched and ran around the border of the territory. 5 times.. it was inane how freakin huge this land was. We would pass by my house with every lap and my mom would cheer me on. Screaming my name from the top of her lungs. I felt ready to pass out when we got back to training grounds. I laid on the ground as my partner sat patiently next to me. She didn't speak much so I didn't force her.

This was our break we only finished one of our 3 things to do. The guys were jogging in place in complete unionism. Rhys was in front of the group. He had no shirt on and was a sexy sweaty mess. My mate was hot I couldn't help but just stare. They all stopped and drop to the ground and did push ups at an inhuman pace. Rhys stood and watched everyone else growling lightly when someone was doing something wrong or going to slow.

Finally he looks at me. He smiles and I smile back.

"Break." Rhys yells at them. Some just lay on the floor others hurry to get water. Rhys makes his way to me. I sit up and look up at him. "How's training?" He asked sitting down across from me. He nods at my partner causing her to stand and leave.

"Exhausting" I answered him. He chuckles.

"I know." He leans towards me and kisses my lips softly. "But focus on your training. I think you forgot I can hear your thoughts. You can touch all over your sexy mate later."  He whispers the last part which causes me to blush. He kisses me lightly again before calling out the break almost over for the guys. Counting down from 10 taunting them.

I stand and go to the water station. I saw my partner with a few boys. I walk over to see fear written all over her face.

"Well Trixie what you gonna do? Bend over touch your toes while I rape you from behind?" One of the guys said grabbing Trixie's waist pulling her towards him. She struggles and he growls in her ear.

"Let her go." I growl lightly.

"Oh shut up wanna be Luna." He rolls his eyes. I get closer to the small group. Trixie looks terrified she was shaking her head at me.

"Let her go." I said again.

"Or what? Your going to call alpha? Shut the hell up b*tch. This has nothing to do with you." He says. This causes a few eyes to set on us. I got Trixie out of his hold and she fell to the floor. Then I tackled him and started beating the guys face in. I punched him in his face repeatedly until someone tried pulling me off but I just keep going. Finally there was a growl that made a shiver run up my spine.  I paused at mid punch looking towards my very pissed off mate.

"Alexia." I turned to Rhys. He wiped my face and gave me a disappointed look.

"Luna was defending me. I'm so sorry." Trixie bowed and I looked at her sad eyes.

"S-She's crazy." The guy on the floor says. I glare and my wolf growls inside of me. I turn back to Rhys seeing who he believed. He started off into space before growling.

"Take him to the cells." Rhys says I sit on the floor and look at my bloody hands.

"I'm sorry for ruining training." I whispered. Rhys kissed my head.

"I'm sorry he disrespected you so deeply. I'll be sure to make him pay." He picks me up.

"Training isn't over yet. Get back to your spots." He tells the crowd and they go back to their places. Rhys and I go clean me up. When I came back everyone was waiting. I go back to my spot next to Trixie.