Chapter 1 (Birdkit)

"Momma can Eaglekit and I go over to the apprentices den? Harepaw said he teach us some cool battle moves!" Sparrowfur nodded her understanding. The brown and black kit squealed with joy and trotted over to her brother who was playfully attacking a ladybug, " Eaglekit we can go see Harepaw! I've been working on my stalking see." Birdkit crouched low to the ground as she lightly placed each paw with each step, " See! I'm really good!" She exclaimed. Eaglekit didn't look impressed and he remarked gruffly, " That's easy, but can you block an attack!" He jumped and leaped at the small brown she-kit. She squealed with shock. Her brother toppled over his sister, hind legs flailing around. Birdkit mewed, " Okay. You win! Let's go see Harepaw." As she said that Flamekit walked over with a smug look on his ginger face," Oh, are the two young kits playing a little game! You don't know the first thing about fighting!" He remarked. Birdkit retorted back, " You wouldn't either. Your still a kit! You think your so grand because you get to become an apprentice tomorrow, but listen, today you are still Flamekit. Your name hasn't changed yet!" Eaglekit gave a glare at Flamekit and added, " Oh excuse me Flamepaw I must've missed you ceremony!" Flamekit, irritated padded of to the fresh kill pile and grabbed a finch. His ginger body reflecting all light. Birdkit thought to herself I will feel bad for whoever gets him as a mate! She decided that she'd rather not see Harepaw and get some fresh kill instead. When she padded over she examined the pile and found the small body of a mouse. She gave hungry bites and when she finished the mouse she went into the nursery. Birdkit found her brother curled up next to him and their mothers warm body; to tired to return greetings from Eaglekit she nodded and fell asleep.