What a Wonderful World

Liam's POV

Thank God last night was my last night in this hospital - I am sick and tired of being constantly surrounded by noises and people. All I want to do is sit in my own bed with Ally right next to me. Luckily, she is able to stay for a few more days and it's just going to be us two until she leaves. Unfortunately, Mum and Dad had to leave yesterday, so I'll have to figure out how to move around by myself for a little bit. But, luckily again, the boys are all going to be in London until I'm able to move around again.

I just...I don't want Ally to leave. I understand that she has to go back and finish up her final year of school, but...it'll be boring without her. I'm going to miss her so much.

I suddenly hear a gentle knock on my door and Ally's head pops into the doorway. Her face breaks into a smile and she says, "Good morning, sunshine."

"Good morning, love," I smile as she walks into the door. "How are you?"

"I'm doing pretty good," she says. "Now, all you have to do is sign one more piece of paperwork and you are free to go."

"Really?" I ask and she nods excitedly.

"A nurse will come in with it, and she'll take out your IV and things," she replies. "I also brought you a change of clothes. We'll be out of here before you know it."

"I love you," I say softly, grabbing her hand.

There's another knock at the door and a nurse walks in with a big smile on her face.

"Alright, Mr. Payne," she says. "Let's get you out of here!"

She messes with my IVs, chatting with Ally as she works on them. Once she's done, she hands me my last piece of paperwork and once I've signed it, she says, "You are free to go, Mr. Payne! I hope you the best with your recovery."

"Thank you, Bella," I smile. "You're definitely my favorite nurse."

"Oh, now that's a lie," she smiles back. "But you're definitely my favorite patient."

"Thank you for everything, Bella," Ally says. "You've been absolutely fabulous over these last few days."

"Take care, both of you," she says as she walks out of the room. Ally walks over to me and hands me my clothes, saying, "Here you go, love. Would you like some help up?"

"Yes, please, love," I say.

She grabs my good arm and helps me up, gently leading me towards the bathroom. Once I'm left alone, I take a long look in the mirror - I look awful. I try to shake it off - I look skinnier than I've ever had. Whatever muscles I gained over the last few months are completely gone. My face has sunken in, the bags under my eyes are huge...nothing feels right. I turn away and begin to change into the clothes Ally brought me. Once I'm done, I open the door and find Ally playing with my crutches. Well, I can only use one for now, but they gave me 2 for when I have use of my arm again.

"I believe those are mine," I smile, making her jump.

"Sorry," she chuckles. "I was just...wasting time."

I hobble on over to her and gently pull her into a kiss. "I love you, Ally," I whisper.

"I love you, Liam," she whispers back. "Now, come on, let's get out of here."

"Home?" I ask.

"Home," she smiles.

We manage to get downstairs and to the car, where Ally drives us back to my flat. She turns the radio on softly and we drive back.