gross.

"y- yeah?", taehyung inwardly curses himself for stuttering because this is not the time to seem helpless, looks up at jeongguk. "yeah?"

the dark haired boy has a warm smile on his face, wearing casual clothes and holding two brown paper bags with the logo of starbucks in each.

jeongguk hates starbucks, while it's taehyung's favorite.

he can feel his cheeks heating up.

"you okay?", he raises an eyebrow once he properly takes in taehyung's features, which have been stuck with a worried expression for the past hour due to those unwanted presumptions.

a tight smile creeps up the blonde's lips. "just some upsetting stuff about van gogh", he waves his hand dismissively, lets out a laugh. "poor ear, don't you think?"

"i thought it was a renaissance class?", jeongguk jerks his chin in the black board's direction, which has the topic written on it in colorful chalk.

"uh, listen– listen, who's the art student here, you dingus? don't doubt on my abilities."

"stop flattering me, now shall we?"

taehyung narrows his eyes in distaste but gathers his notes (mostly cat doodles, some things will never change) and shoves them inside his bag obediently nonetheless, grasping it tightly as he gets up from his seat.

ignores how fast his heart is beating beneath his sternum.

"after you."

they walk to taehyung's dorm in uncomfortable silence, the tension in the air so thick the blonde feels as if he might choke on it.

okay, maybe only on taehyung's side, since the other boy hums along to some song as he walks in long strides because the coffee's gonna get cold if we don't hurry, yeah?

jeongguk seems oblivious in the glances he shoots at taehyung in their path, possibly failing to notice how awfully and unusually quiet he is and the way the corners of his lips twitch as if he's suppressing a frown. at the same time taehyung wants to break down and scream he wants to slap the naiveness right out of that handsome face.

(assuming what someone feels has always been one of his flaws, even though those are very few in amount.)

"here we a–"

taehyung slams the door shut, half for the dramatic effect and half because he's that frustrated.

"shut up."

jeongguk looks taken aback. "what?–"

"listen, listen, i need to let shit out", the blonde cards his fingers through his hair, licking his lips. "i just– fuck–"

"taehyung", jeongguk tries again, reluctantly wraps his fingers around the other's wrist to tug him towards taehyung's bed. "sit down and let's talk, that's what i promised, yeah?"

he lets out a shaky breath and nods his head in agreement, takes a seat beside jeongguk.

"i–", taehyung begins, "how can you be so cool with all this? how– why aren't you weird around me?"

"huh?", he furrows his brows, seeming genuinely confused. "why should i feel weird around you?"

the blonde wants to scream in agony. "jeongguk are you– are you fucking stupid? do you even realize what we did? and that you didn't talk to me afterwards like, at all?"