nurture : chapter twenty-seven

hi last chapter, pls comment

-

Michael opened Luke's bedroom door, peering inside and sighing at the sight of Luke curled in to a ball under his bed covers. "Lu?"

Luke hummed, "hm Mikey?"

"You need to shower." Michael said, "your mum is here too by the way."

Luke perked his head up, "mum?"

Michael nodded and opened the door, Luke's mum slipping in to the room with Cory in her arms. She smiled and put Cory on the bed beside Luke.

Luke's hands reached out to cuddle Cory, kissing his head. Cory's small hand reached to Luke's cheek, patting it making Luke smile.

Michael grinned, "that's the first smile I've seen in the past month, Luke."

His words made Luke sigh, so he sat up, moving Cory in to his lap.

Liz smiled at the sight of Luke's messy hair before she went around his room, picking up his washing and putting them in his washing basket.

"I'm done moping," Luke said, "it's been a month of no contact, I'm done crying. He didn't want me."

Michael sighed, before he pulled an envelope from his back pocket. "This got here the other day, I think now's the right time to see it."

Luke took it, sighing before opening up the envelope.

          Luke,

I thought leaving without telling you was the best idea so you couldn't change your mind and regret it when you came with me. At first I wanted you to come with me so we could have a family, but then I realised that you're just a kid still, you shouldn't have the responsibility of a big family, because you're still young and you have everything to look forward to in your life.

I want you to take care of Cory, who you should nurture with your life. Make sure he has the best life possible, spoil him rotten.

I wish you the best in life and maybe one day in the future, we meet again? It might be okay then but not right now, when you're older and you know what you want.

I wanted a fresh start with my kids, wishing it had been with you, but I couldn't do that to you.

I do love you, and our night together was amazing, and I thought asking you to move with me was going to make it even better but I was wrong. I'm sorry.

Hopefully, I'll see you again one day

      ,Reece  x

Luke sighed shakily, turning it over to see a drawing on it, it was five stick men, and a drawn baby, and he knew it was him, Reece and the kids. In the corner it said "from Vicky" on it making Luke gulp back his tears.

He put the letter down, wrapping his arms around Cory and sighing. "It's okay."

Michael picked up the letter, reading through it and sighing. "Maybe it's for the best." Michael said, running his hand across Luke's head.

Luke nodded, looking up at Michael, "maybe."

"Maybe you can be together in a few years," Michael said with a shrug, turning to Luke's mum. "Right Liz?"

Liz stood up and nodded, "Reece would be stupid to not be with you again."

Luke pouted, "I gonna concentrate on Cory now, for real this time."

Michael smiled, sitting down, "so is it okay if I go out on that date with Ashton?"

Luke snorted, "really?"

"Yeah!" Michael grinned, "c'mon you can't deny he's hot Luke."

"Well yeah but it's Reece's ex-husband." Luke smiled, Michael grinning at him. "I can't tell you no, so go for it, be happy."

Luke pressed a kiss to Michael's cheek and then kissing Cory's head. "I love you guys." Luke smiled.

Michael smiled warmly, "We love you too Luke."

-

Hopefully the letter helped you guys understand.

FEEDBACK

the letter? What Reece said?

MaShToN? :)))))

this is the last chapter, just an epilogue now showing Luke in the future with Cory. Thank you all for reading and 17k reads