nurture : chapter twenty-two

happy 4th of July to all you American folk

comment throughout 20+ pls

someone agree with me from the comparison of Reece to the guy in the pic they look alike like fr and the guy underneath could pass as Luke too ok

-

Luke locked his car door before looking down at Cory who was sucking on his dummy quietly and contently. Luke smiled, shuffling the bag on his shoulder before walking across the road to the modern day care centre.

He found the reception, going to the front desk, and seeing how posh it was, and he realised if Reece worked here, he must've been kinda rich. "I'm here to see Reece, I'm his boyfriend."

The girl looked up, her hair in a ponytail. She handed him a sign in sheet, "I thought he had a husband?" She asked.

"They separate," Luke shrugged, smiling tightly.

He got signed in and was given a visitors badge before walking in to the building, Reece told him which room was his before he found it. He could hear the loud kids and glanced down at Cory, Cory hadn't been around so many big kids before, he was afraid of how he'd react.

He opened the door though, stepping inside and some kids looked his way before one was running up to him and Luke smiled at Addison, as she hugged his leg. "Hey addy."

"Hi Lukey." She beamed, "daddy is busy at the moment," she said before taking his hand and dragging him towards a table of girls. She made him sit and Luke made sure Cory was okay and that no kid would try to touch him in curiosity before looking at Addy as she put a princess tiara on top of his head.

"Oh, thank you Addy." Luke smiled politely.

"Lukey!" Someone yelled making Luke look around before Declan was running towards him and hugging him tightly around his neck.

"Hey buddy," Luke grinned, rubbing his back before Declan saw Cory.

"Can I hold Cory?"

Luke paused, "how about I hold him and you say hi yeah?"

Declan nodded and Luke took Cory from his carrier and sat the baby on his knee. Declan smiled and patted Cory's knee, "hi Cory," he smiled.

Declan, Cory and Luke played tea parties with the group of girls, one girl in a pink dress, attaching herself to Luke and Luke assumed she had a crush on him, he was the same in nursery school.

It wasn't long till Reece came over and once he saw the tiara on Luke's hair he chuckled, "girls what've you been doing to Luke?" He asked them making them giggle cutely. "Cmon Luke." He added, and Luke apologised to the girls and followed after Reece, Cory dragging Cory's carrier behind them.

They sat down at Reece's desk, the only other seat being a kids one so Luke sat in it and pouted. "Why so small?"

"Because you're a giant and it's cute to see this," Reece smiled, taking the carrier from Declan. "Baby go play with your friends yeah?"

Declan nodded and ran off. "Isn't he a bit young for this place? Everyone else is Vicky and Addy's age." Luke asked.

"Declan doesn't get along with the kids in his class so he stays with me." Reece smiled a little, Declan had never gotten along with people his age and his sisters helped make him friends in their class.

"He'll need to when he's in normal school." Luke said, glancing behind him as Declan grabbed a toy police car with two boys.

"I know but we've got time still." Reece shrugged. 

"And I didn't know this place was so expensive looking." Luke gushed.

"They hired me a few years ago and I don't know why they wanted me." Reece shrugged. "I don't know how their parents are affording this."

"You do." Luke pointed out.

"At an extreme discount." Reece chuckled. "But it pays well and the kids are sweet." He smiled before he reached forward and took Cory's dummy out, grabbing a tissue and wiping up his dribble. "As much as I love having you here Luke, why are you?" He chuckled.

Luke shrugged, "I was free and wanted to surprise you."

"Well it's a nice surprise." Reece smiled before leaning forward and kissing Luke once on the lips.

The two sat and talked for a while, some of the kids sitting with them or mainly on them. Cory went to sleep in his carrier while Luke had little girls on his lap, who were cuddling him closely. Then the parents came to get them, the mother of the girl who liked Luke, refusing to leave unless she got to hug Luke.

Luke had laughed and hugged her tightly, kissing her cheek before she left with a skip in her step and giggling.

"You're a natural with kids." Reece had said when it was just them two and their own kids.

"I try." Luke smiled, cleaning up some Lego.

"Are you busy tonight?" Reece asked, stocking the paints away.

"I have work at ten till four am." Luke said, shrugging.

"You shouldn't work nights like that, Luke." Reece said before grinning, "I could get you a job here as like an assistant, oh my god that'd be fun." Reece grinned, going over to Luke and grabbing his hands.

"Are you sure?" Luke questioned, he didn't want to bother Reece at all.

"I'm sure, Cory could stay in the cresh while you're here and you can see him whenever you like and he can make friends too." Reece urged, making Luke bite his lip.

"I'll think about it."

-

A lot of what happens in this, like this chapter, sets up for the next book ok I have shit planned bc sEQUEL

FEEDBACK

Luke and kids?? (My weakness)

The day care, which is like a private school for rich ass kids??

Luke maybe getting a job there?