nurture : chapter thirteen

important chapter with plot twist pls comment

-

Luke lay on his bed, Cory laying on his chest, cheek squished against his dad's body, dummy in mouth as he slept peacefully.

Luke had his phone pressed to his ear, talking to Reece. The brunette had called to check in on Luke when the blond had been feeding Cory. Reece was at home making dinner, he said that he was having a night in alone to relax.

"He's doing okay." Luke said, running his finger tip across Cory's foot, watching it twitch and smiling fondly. "He's so soft and cute, I love babies."

"Babies are the cutest and purest thing in the world, then they become monsters, I swear." Reece chuckled, "have you heard from the mum lately."

"She called, and I got mad and yelled. That and I officially got full custody." Luke said.

"That's great." Reece grinned, standing in his kitchen, phone on speaker, cutting up vegetables.

"It is," Luke shrugged to himself. "Did your boyfriend tell you about my drunk phone call?" He said softly, watching Cory move on his chest, moving his arm to keep him from falling. He wanted to be casual about Reece and the subject of relationships.

Reece choked on a laugh, "Luke that was my older brother, but yes he told me." He snorted making Luke take in a sigh of relief.

Reece was single, maybe Luke had a chance after all. "Sorry by the way."

"So you think I'm cute?" Reece teased making Luke blush.

"The cutest." Luke retorted, trying to sound the slightest bit confident.

It was silent for a moment before Reece spoke up and his words made Luke freeze.

"Luke..." Reece started, scratching at his beard, "you realise I'm twenty-seven, married and got three kids right?"

Luke's chest felt tight, like a snake constricting around him. Luke took in a deep shuddering breath before he hung up the phone.

He could feel himself tearing up so he slowly sat up, putting Cory in his bed and kissing his head. He grabbed his phone again, seeing missed calls from Reece before he called up Michael, tears starting to fall.

"Hello? Calum's personal sex slave sp--Luke, you okay?"

Luke sobbed, "he's married."

"Who is?" Michael questioned, confused. He sat up in bed, Calum by his side, staring up at him in confusion. "Luke?"

"Reece is!" Luke exclaimed.

"Oh god I'm sorry Luke." Michael sighed, knowing how much his best friend liked Reece.

"I-i think I had a chance, because when I drunk called the guy was his brother and I thought he was single! But he has kids! And he's married! And he's nine years older than me! He doesn't even look it! He's so gorgeous."

Michael smiled a little, "you're such a dork."

"I know." Luke sighed.

"Want me and Cal to come over?" Michael offered, Calum's hand on his back.

"Yes please, I need cuddles." Luke pouted, before they hung up.

It was ten minutes later when Michael and Calum showed up in their pyjamas. They all climbed in to Luke's bed, the blond in the middle as they cuddled him tightly. Michael pressed a kiss to Luke's head.

"I really thought I had a chance." Luke whispered. "Reece was being so kind and so cute and he hadn't mentioned having kids or a partner."

"Maybe because he likes you." Calum said from behind Luke, his hand rubbing Luke's tummy.

Luke shook his head, "he might just be private about that."

"maybe his married his falling apart or maybe the guys cheating--"

"who the hell would cheat on such a beautiful person?" Luke pouted to himself, lips touching Michaels neck.

"Go to sleep Luke." Michael said, "you can cry about it tomorrow."

Luke nodded and sniffled before closing his eyes and cuddling Michael closer to his chest, legs intertwined with Calum's. "Love you guys."

Once Luke fell asleep, Michael ran his hand up Luke's side, "Luke doesn't deserve any heart break."

"I know," Calum sighed, "I hope he finds a really nice guy or girl and they adore Cory as much as he does."

"Me too," Michael sighed before kissing Luke's head. "I sometimes wish I could be that guy."

"Same, in a platonic way." Calum said, reaching around Luke and taking Michaels hand, "love you Mikey."

"Love you too Callie."

-

Dun dun dunnnnnn

FEEDBACK

Reece being married with babies?? Who's his hubby??

Luke's reaction?

Malum coming to visit? And Malum in general??

thoughts? Feelings?