nurture : chapter ten

happy Father's Day to my daddy Luke

pls get us to 20+ comments

-

Luke pulled up outside his parents house, looking back at Cory who was fast asleep in his seat. Luke frowned, he didn't want to leave Cory alone all night. But Michael and Calum were dragging him out to get drunk, but he was so attached to Cory he didn't want to leave him.

Luke got out of the car and opened the back door, he bent down and grabbed the bag of baby things before he unbuckled Cory from his seat and picked him up. He held Cory to his chest as he shut the door, going around the car and up the drive way.

He pressed the doorbell, waiting till his dad answered and Luke smiled. "Please look after him." Luke said, sounding almost pained to leave Cory.

Liz came up behind Andrew and smiled, "he'll be fine Luke, go have fun."

"Call me if he wakes up crying, I want to know whatever happens. Text me every h--"

Liz shook her head, taking the bag from Luke and giving it to Andrew before taking Cory but Luke whined, turning away and kissing Cory's head. "I love you baby boy." Luke pouted, before finally handing Cory over to his mum. "Please mum." Luke said.

Liz smiled, "I'll text you if he wakes up and I'll even send pictures."

Luke nodded, leaning forward and kissing his mums cheek and then Cory, "love you my lil prince."

Luke turned on his heel before he could change his mind and got in his car, waving goodbye as he drove away.

He got back to his apartment, Michael and Calum texting that they'd be over in ten minutes. So Luke turned on the TV, sitting down only for his phone to ring.

He pulled it from his back pocket, and seeing Chloe's name on the screen he furrowed his brows and answered it.

"Hi." Chloe said first.

"Uh hi?" Luke replied, slightly shocked she'd called.

"I just wanted to call and say I'm sorry--"

"You should be." Luke said, "you left me and your son. Do you know what I've been through recently? I've had to bond with our son because every time I held him, he cried: I've had to go to parenting classes and I had to buy a damn fake breast so he can actually feel like he has both parents there for him and i have to work nightly so I don't go broke and I have Michael, of all people helping me out, have you seen him with a baby? He could drop Cory and then I'd be worried sick because I actually tried, you never even tried with him. You literally pushed him out, waiting till I was sleeping and fucking left for America. You left your boyfriend and your son alone so you could leave with out any responsibilities and I fucking hate you for it. I pray you never come back."

Luke finished, his fists clenched and completely pissed, his breaths uneven.

"Wow." Chloe said, "I wasn't coming back anyway, I just wanted to say sorry."

Then she hung up and Luke was angrier.

Luke stood up, pacing before he snapped and threw his phone at the sofa. He yelled loudly, before he fell to the floor and sat there, staring at his hands.

He felt like a failure.

Luke glanced up when someone knocked at his front door, but the door was unlocked so whoever it was, walked in.

Michael and Calum stopped where they were; seeing Luke sitting there, cheeks bright red with anger.

"I'm not going out." Luke said, "I'm gonna get Cory, cry and sleep."

Michael narrowed his eyes at him in confusion, "what happened?"

"Chloe called." Luke said and stood up.

"Oh shit." Calum swore, "what happened?"

"I yelled at her and said I hope she never comes back, she doesn't want to anyway." Luke shrugged, his shoulders feeling heavy and he felt tired.

"Wow." Michael said, before he grabbed Luke's hand. "We need to get drug for more reasons now, let's go."

Luke didn't object.

-

Double update? Okay.

FEEDBACK

Luke's attachment to Cory now? The progress?

Chloe the hoe calling? Luke's reaction?

any predictions?