Chapter 7: Arts and Politics

The two players were found taking comfort in each other's presence. Their soft snores caused a few chuckles and a lot more confusion within the Valerian soldiers. Was this not the man that led a regiment of warriors to slaughter their enemies? And was this not the woman who made them realize their bloodlust to defend their home? Nicola was smiling as a mother would looking at her children. These two would make waves, if not tsunamis worth of impacts to this world. After letting out a little giggle, she shook her head and led her horse to the General.

"Should we wake them up?"

"Let's give them a few more minutes..I have to rethink my opinions about them.." Rosler sighed and shook his head "I'm not sure if they would be a threat, or an asset to this Kingdom...they are both truly deadly characters.."

"Talk to them about it..it's better to deal with this directly rather than making a sudden decision." The two Lycara returned and landed beside the Sorceress and the King.

"I would advise you to be completely truthful with them. He values truth highly, and the loyalty even more so. From how these two acted and reacted as if they were one.. It seems they share a bond." Ira's third eye opened to speak with the two humans.

"I thought...you can communicate freely with us?" Nicola closed her eyes and sighed heavily. "Has everything I've been taught wrong?"

"Would you like me to correct what is incorrect?" The female Lycara nuzzled her gently.

"No you will not." Kovac woke up with a groan and looked at Eclipse beside him. "I guess fatigue got to us?"

"You killed a basilisk, with the precise aim only our most seasoned archers and mages possess." The old man grinned and patted the Sorceress on the back "Not without her help though."

"Damn right." Eclipse yawned and rubbed her eyes "How? How did you bring it's health down?"

"That will be a secret shared between me and Maxima." A devilish grin formed on her lips as Maxima let out what sounded like a laugh.

"Anyways...General would you please help us collect all this material?" Kovac stood up and pulled Eclipse with him. "And have them brought to the forges within the palace?"

"I don't see why not, though I don't see what a dead snake will be useful for." The old man chuckled once more before heading towards the gate followed by Nicola.

Everything was put into motion as soon as Nagash returned within the gates. Civilians and soldiers alike went out into the battlefield collecting everything that could be salvaged or melted down. During that time, Kovac started to tear the basilisk apart. The venom could be used to create all kinds of poisons, while its blood, oh how its blood could be used in such creative ways. All of its bones, scales, and teeth would be used for armour and weaponry. He sighed as he removed the third tooth. He looked up and around seeing that there were already Residents removing its scales. Convoys of wagons and carriages wove throughout the carnage left behind to retrieve ammunition, anything that could be traded and to collect the gear and items other residents were already putting into piles. He felt a small spark behind his ear and looked back. Eclipse had one of her trademark lunatic smiles on as she gestured to her status bar. From her starting level three, she was now level fifty. She waved and made a few gestures that indicated they would talk later. Kovac grinned and shook his head, moving on to the next tooth.

By the end of the day most of the salvage was taken within the walls and the bodies of their enemies burnt. The basilisk was reduced to nothing, each and every part collected for one use or another. Kovac ended up being level 53. He dumped all of his stats between intelligence, agility, vitality and strength. He kept his passive detection abilities used as well, always being aware of his surroundings. Eclipse kept her distribution between agility, vitality and endurance for the time being. The two Lycara circled the battlefield fending off any predators looking for easy prey. Kovac headed back into the city with Eclipse latched onto his back. Their conversation ranged from the real world and their current conditions to the battle today. She got off of his back and had a small frown on her face.