Chapter 1: Genaco

The clouds gathered as he rode his horse to the edge of the ridge. Behind him hundreds of warriors stood in formation waiting for an order. Officers approached the man and watched the whole scene unfold infront of them. The warships and the millions of players going against a single man. The battle seemed one-sided for the massive army, until the Demon King played one of his cards. Ghouls and demons were summoned and immediately charged for the groups of fighters. Not only that, something powerful was approaching the area. When he looked up, the Lord of all Dragons burst through the clouds immediately decimating targets as it strafed the area. The battle dragged on, the commander kept a cloak shield on his army to be hidden from the cameras and any other spectator. With a loud crash the Dragon Lord landed firmly only to be released by Razznik. The tension could be felt in the air as the fighting came down to two people. As the arrows pierced through the Demon King and the notification in the sky, he turned around to look at his men. Each of them in identical armor and weapons besides what their rank dictates they have. The officers on their horses rode back to their unit. He looked back once more and drew his sword to salute the King with his men following suite. The Prophet sheathed his sword and led his men back to the north where they belonged.

Ryder's eyes popped open as soon as his dream ended. That's right, he was one of Razznik's allies. He sighed loudly before lazily getting out of bed. When Razznik was defeated he knew that the forces present that day were soon to advance to the northern mountains. Formerly territory claimed by his guild, the whole area was littered with outposts filled with warriors he trained himself. Much to his regret, he disbanded the guild. He could still remember that day as clear as crystal. His officers started stamping the end of their spears while the soldiers stomped their feet and bashed their axes or swords against their shields. He rode through the midst while the magi created a light show. He smiled at the memory then got out of bed. This is a new day, a world he still needs to conquer. He got dressed in a black graphic shirt and ripped jeans finishing off with a pair of dark blue canvas high tops.

He stated and grinned as he walked to the kitchen preparing his breakfast. His whole morning went on with him humming various marching songs, to say he had a slight derangement would be an understatement. From another room in the house came a growl and from said room came a stress ball. He turned when he heard the growl, and time seemed to slow down. The ball was just a couple of feet away from his face. Now, you would think that Ryder has the ability to see things in a slower pace, where he could've grabbed the ball, or dodged it, or changed it's trajectory. But no this is just him watching his life flash before his eyes. Time started to speed up again and the ball hit him right in the face.

'C-c-c-Combo breaker!!!!!!' came from final room followed by a few cheers. From the room the ball flew out of, a girl came out furiously looking at him "Would you shut up?! Every morning!" She yelled in her heavy Russian accented and started throwing more things at him "It's a weekend god damn it! Let me sleep!" By the time a frying pan flew over his head he crouched down behind the island. Another girl walked out of the other room doing the happy dance. "I just beat Mortal Kombat XV!!!" She exclaimed with her German accent, hugging the other girl.

Perhaps now would be a good time for an explanation. Ryder lived with two girls with distant relations. Sadly enough these were his second-in-commands. How did he end up with them you ask? Well he has a skill for attracting unwanted attention, both positive and negative. To make a long story short, he stumbled upon them while going to a tavern in one of the bigger, less political cities which became their HQ.

His cloak hid most of his form and the hood just made his face a darker shadow. 'You only go to this city if your stupid or stupidly strong...' He thought to himself as he walked through the gate. Shady merchants and escorts littered the streets, many calling to him as he passed by. When he finally found the tavern, heads turned to look at him. The whole place went quiet until two men came rolling down the stairs. After the crash the whole crowd was stunned when they realized who these men were. Possibly the two greatest warriors in the city, sent flying down by two women. Not really caring, he made his way to the bar and took a seat. Everyone watched as the woman started pounding them into a pulp. The story was told as it happened and a few fighters got up. When the downed men reached up for help, their hands were pinned down by swords.

"We might live in a shit hole of a city, but tryin' to take advantage of a woman..." One growled and again, the two men were beat up till only a sliver of their HP remained. Then the man that talked decapitated them with his axes causing them to re-spawn elsewhere. Through this whole session, the bartender made sure that the women were alright. He finally made his way to the cloaked figure and tilted his head.

"You're not from around here. Turn back now if you know what's good for you." He warned as others approached him from behind. The other fighters in the room held their weapons waiting for a fight.

"Thanks for the offer but no. Can I get some mead?" He replied while placing a gauntlet covered hand on the bar. He didn't know them, and they didn't know him. He took his hood off revealing a human. He had brown hair, near black eyes and a face that everyone can forget, except for the scar running across his left eye. The bartender gave him the drink and prepared a paralysis spell for everyone in the tavern. The stranger took a long drink and put the mug down. One of the two women walked forward and took a seat beside him.

"You've got guts, I'll give you that. But seriously, leave before you get slaughtered." She frowned at him and gestured to the doorway. The men approaching him suddenly exclaimed and backed away from the bar. The stranger gave her a small smile then looked to the others.

"That gents, is Reaper's Aura, you take three times the damage, your health points are reduced by 20%, and you take 3 damage every five seconds." He stated and took a sip of his drink. "Can we just enjoy this evening now that those wimps are gone?" The crowd slowly backed away warily until he muttered a harmony spell. A notification appeared in the middle of the room

'Blessing of the Archons'
All damage taken is reverted and HP is returned to max. Combat spells do double damage, Restoration spells are 50% more effective, Defense spells block 90% more attacks. All negative effects are removed.

The other girl swore in Russian then took the seat on he other side of him. "You are playing a dangerous game..." She whispered in his ear.

He grinned at her "I am the storm that destroys mountains. What are your names ladies?" He asked finishing his drink. The girl on the left stood up and bowed down a little.

"I am Sera,"she gestured as she rubbed the back of her neck "and that is Sierra. We apologize for the actions of our friends.."

"Yes..," Sierra said from his other side "What is your art?" It was more of a demand than a question, matched with the fierce determination in her eyes.

To this day he hasn't told her, and she hasn't figured it out yet. Time really worked for him. Through the end of King's Journey he was introduced to Tactical Shooters. He spent his time as a Sniper to observed the modern battlefield. He kept reminiscing until two sets of arms and legs wrapped around him causing him to fall to the floor.

"You won't get anywhere if you keep looking backwards you know," Raisa rested her head on his chest. "It'll only slow you down."

"She's right," Genevieve yawned and nuzzled into them both. "Now get up, there's a beta coming out, and it is a Genaco game. We need to get to the pick up location before we get left behind."

With that, they went through their own morning rituals to clean up in the morning. It didn't take long for them to head out. A beautiful day to stay inside and dive. The clouds were heavy with the rain that was only starting to pour. There was a blacked-out bus, a man standing in the rain with a tablet. They were checked off the list and eventually dozed off for the long trip.