Gray Fullbuster (Fairy Tail)

Start from the beginning

It's freaking huge. The noise from inside is so loud, one might possibly hear it from across the street. The building itself looked like it has been rebuilt over and over again despite looking worn out.

Overall, the atmosphere is friendly.

The doors were open. No wonder I could hear them.

"YOU WANNA START, ICE BREATH?"

"OH, YOU'RE ON FLAME BRAIN!"

"Guys, if Erza hears about this-"

"Hear what, Lucy?"

Okay, you know what, I can't help it. There came a loud resounding laugh. I realized too late that the laugh came from me. This is a fresh change for me.

Once the riot settled down, I went inside quietly and unnoticed. The bar seemed nice and friendly enough for me to wait. There was a pretty lady behind the bar.

"How can I help you?"

I approached the bar and the lady as well. She has white hair, almost silvery. I felt like I've seen her somewhere, maybe a cover or something?

"Hi. I want to join Fairy Tail, but I don't know who to go to?" I asked nicely.

The barmaid or lady's eyes widened and sparkled. "Hold on for a just a short moment," she said. "I'll call the master." She left me alone, but I didn't wait long until she came back with a short, old man.

"You are the newbie who would like to join?" he asked.

I nod quietly, feeling the pressure of the authority of the man who doesn't even reach half of my height.

He hums quietly in approval, then asks, "What is your magic, boy?"

"Fire magic, sir," I said. Then a pink-haired guy turned around to face me. He was about to approach me, but was suddenly stopped by this other guy, the one who had no shirt on.

"We ain't done yet-"

"So, where would you like your mark?" I turned back to look at the barmaid. Oh now I recognize her. She's Mirajane, the woman of perfection. Or so they say, I thought. The master was sitting on the table quietly. He's probably thinking of what to do with the troublemakers, I thought.

"About that," I said. I pulled my shirt upwards to reveal the mark that my supposed soulmate has given me. "I was hoping you could mark it directly over this one." I indicated on the mark that was on my chest.

Mira's eyes widened in what I think is familiarity. "That is your soulmate's mark?" she asked.

"Yes."

There was definitely silence coming after that short exchange. Even those near us who happened to hear the conversation stopped to actually pay attention.

"Gray," the master suddenly called out. I just then noticed that there was silence taking over the atmosphere of the guild. They probably thought that the guy was getting punished or something. I mean, who knows? "Come here."

The black-haired guy, Gray, I believe, went near us, and I had to look away, after suddenly seeing he had no clothes on.

"[m/n], is this the exact same mark you have?" the master asked me.

I forced myself to open my eyes. I looked at Gray's eyes, which widened along with mine, when we both saw the exact same marks on our chests.

The next thing that happened was the mark- my mark- fading, and vanishing all completely.

This could only mean one thing.

"Y... You're my soulmate?"

That was two years ago.

.

"That was fun."

"What was fun?"

The black-haired male sitting beside me looks at me with confusion, and underneath all that, some affection.

"You know," I started. "Back when we first met. That was actually honestly surprising."

Gray, also known as your hunted then found soulmate, laughs. "I was surprised," he said.

I turned to look at him, shocked. "The Gray Fullbuster, surprised?" I nearly yelled, while grinning at the frustrated look on the other's face. "My world must be ending!"

"Shut up," he whispered as he suddenly pulled me to a kiss.

The kiss was, well, for the most part, wet. This wasn't new, though. My warmth against his cold. His frozen breaths against my heated face.

It's like a case of ice over a flicker of flame.

Like ice crystals reflecting the light of a beautiful fire.

I placed my hands on his shoulders to hold myself up, fearing I might lose all my willpower to this man. His hands were on my waist, holding me closer to him.

But hey, we're not the Fire and Ice for nothing, right?

"God, you're insatiable."

"Shut up and kiss me properly," I murmured against his lips.

I know that we are currently in a public place. Public, as in the street outside the guild public. But I also knew that the people are used to Gray and I acting so... passionate towards one another.

"You know I love you so much, right," I pulled away for a bit.

"Of course I do," he said, and placed his forehead against mine. "And I love you so much more."

We both smiled, content and in love.

I place my left hand out, palm facing upward. Then I made a small flame, flickering and glowing.

Gray notices this, and places his right hand a bit away and above mine. "Ice Make: Bonds," he said. Then an ice case replica of the flame appeared, and closed in on the flame.

The ice-cased flame became two. One for me, and the other for Gray. He then added a chain on each.

"This is sweet." I said as he placed my 'locket' around my neck.

"You always did have a sweet tooth," he said, as I placed his 'locket' around his neck.

Right.

And these will never break.

Never.

Not while he and I are still going strong and together.

And we'll make this last forever.

[A/N] I am honestly wondering how this one went. I think Gray might be a little ooc, but I tried. (︶︹︺) Anyway, if anyone's confused with the ice-cased flame locket, please feel free to comment or something.

[for Timberwolf1127 (Wattpad)]

[Edit 17Mar2018]