Chapter Sixteen

Waking up in the morning I feel something tugging at my mind. After a couple of seconds, I remember where I am and what happened last night. I'm about to bury my head in my pillow when I hear the noise that woke me up a knock at the door. Climbing out of bed, I quickly walk over to the door. I open it to find someone I've never seen before with hand raised to knock again. She has long wavy brown hair, brown eyes, and an olive complexion and is short.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Princess I didn't mean to wake you," the young girl says.

"That's fine," I say looking at the clock near the door seeing that it is half past eight. "I have to get ready."

"Would it be okay if I come in?" she asks politely.

"Sure," I say stepping aside to let her past.

"I should probably introduce myself, I am Isabella Rodriguez. King Villegas has appointed me to work as your assistant to help you out while you are here," She explains.

"Can you explain to me why I need an assistant, please?" I ask politely.

"You need an assistant because you have lots to do to since we had to move up the date of your Crowning ceremony," she explains.

"We'll I have to get ready. sSo can you, please wake Josh up for me please," I say pointing at the lump on the lounge that is Josh.

I walk into the closet, find the dresser from last night and locate a pair of mint colored jeans. I look around and find a white shirt with a black collar and pearl buttons and quickly get dressed. Once I finish getting dressed, I walk back out to find that Josh is dressed and talking to Isabella and that Steven has shown up. I go to the bathroom, looking in the mirror I saw the signs of all the crying yesterday. I find a collection of makeup items on a bench near the sink. I quickly look for a concealer on the bench among the other beauty items and quickly apply some around my eyes. I go back out to the lounge room to find Isabella and Steven waiting for me on the lounge. When I enter, the both of them jump up and we head to the dining hall in silence. When we enter the dining hall, we head to where the king sits.

"Hello, Princess," he greets me when he sees us approach him. "Have a seat, eat some breakfast."

I sit down on the seat he indicates on his left side and look at the food that is on the table. I see rashers of bacon, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, toast, jam, marmalade, hash browns and omelets.

"Sir," I say to the King to get his attention.

"Oh, no need to call me Sir, call me Ian," he tells me.

"Ian is there any chance I could some Muesli with yoghurt and fresh fruit?" I ask not wanting to sound too fussy.

"Of course you can. What type of fresh fruit would you like?" he says not in the least bit offended that I don't want anything that has been served.

"Just some blueberries, raspberries and strawberries on top with an apple on the side, please?" I ask apologetically.

"That's fine," he says signaling one of the servers who was standing near the door. "Could you get the Princess a bowl with Muesli and yoghurt with some fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries cut in half on top and an apple on the side."

"Yes, Sir," he says before turning and walking into the kitchen.

"So I see you have met Isabelle," the King says.

"Yes, I have she is a nice lady," I say.

"Kayla, she going to help you because you have a lot of things I would like you to do while you are here. I have some things lined up for you to do while you are here," he says to me.