Chapter Ten

Looking at the clock near the door of the salon, I see that it is three thirty, which means I have an hour to get my hair and makeup done and get home. Two hours after that I have to get dressed, style Michael, Justin and Steven's hair. I need to make sure everyone is ready, ties are straight and jewelry is right and get photos before the limo shows up to take us to the formal.

"Okay, so how would you like your hair and makeup done today?" The assistant, Camille asks with a smile.

"Like this, please," I show her a picture in a magazine of a young actress with her hair in two braids with another section on top that joins the braids in a bun.

"I can do that and how would you like your makeup?" she inquires.

"I was thinking a natural look with pale pinks and nudes that will compliment my face," I describe to her.

"Okay, well let's get started," she says and gets to work.

I sit in the salon chair while she works expertly getting my hair to look like the hairstyle in the magazine.

"I'll be back in a second I just have to get my makeup kit," she says half an hour later and heads to a back room.

"Your hair looks gorgeous, Kayla," Claire gushes from the chair next to mine while she gets her hair and makeup done.

"I don't know much about hairstyles, but that does look nice," Justin says from next to the door.

Just then Camille comes back out with a big makeup case, sits it down on the trolley she has for her makeup case and sets to work doing my makeup in pale pinks and nudes to give me a natural look.

"Okay, all done," she says

I look at myself in the mirror and see straight away that the makeup is minimal, so you can barely tell I have any on. The colors she used will compliment my dress well. I turn my head trying to see the back of my hair.

"Here," she says grabbing a hand mirror down from the wall and showing me the back. "So what do you think?"

"It is perfect thank you," I say pleased with it.

"Oh, I almost forgot," she gasps as she puts the mirror down, grabs the crystal flower headband and places it in my hair. "There now you are perfect."

"Thank you," I say with a huge smile turning to see how Claire is going. "Claire you look gorgeous."

"Thanks so do you," she says beaming at me.

"Are you two done? Because we only have a short time to get home and get ready before the limo shows up," he says a little impatiently.

"Yes, I just have to pay," I say following Camille over to the counter and pay for both mine and Claire's hair and makeup.

Once I'm finished paying we head out to car careful not to bump my hair when I climb in. Justin drives as he always does and goes past Michael's house to pick him up.

"Hey, you look fantastic," he says as he climbs and gives me a hug careful not to smudge my makeup or bump my hair.

"Thank you, but wait until I'm in my dress so you can see the full effect," I say with a grin.

Walking into the house from the garage, I call out to Steven to meet me in my room, so I can fix his hair up. Walking into the bathroom, I get the hair gel and comb and walk to my room to see Steven sitting on my bed waiting for me. I sit him in my desk chair and set to work on his hair. I opt for small gelled spikes on the top part of his head and the sides and back smooth and combed down.