Chapter Seven

Climbing out of my car, I wait for the black Mazda CX-5 SUV to park next to mine. Once it is parked a female in plain clothes climbs out and opens the door "We need to talk in private for a minute, please," she says.

I look to Eric for confirmation and when he nods his head I climb in with him climbing in behind me.

"Sorry about this but we need to talk in complete privacy. The car has been soundproofed no one will hear us talking. First let me introduce us. I'm Guardian Claire Roberts and my partner is Guardian Justin Serratos. We would prefer it if you called us by our first names in public for safety issues. We do not wish for people to know your true identity. We will not address you as Princess in public, but in the presence of other royals we will," she tells me quickly.

"I'm sorry but don't you seem slightly on the young side?" I ask trying not to offend either of them.

"We are young yes, but we were picked by your mother and father to be your Guardians. We were given extra training sessions to make sure that we would be able to protect you properly. We were first and second in our class when we graduated. We learned at a young age that we would be protecting you. When you found out who you really were and we have taken our training very seriously," she tells me.

"Okay, so can we go do the shop I need to do now, I'm kind of in a hurry," I ask politely.

"Sure," Claire says and turns to Eric. "The king told us to tell you that had to take this SUV back to the court and report to him straight away both you and Phoebe."

I climb out of the car with the three Guardians. Eric collects Phoebe out of my car before climbing in the driver's seat of the SUV when Phoebe is in the car he drives off. Michael climbs out of the car and we head toward the store.

"Michael, this is Claire and Justin, Claire and Justin, this is Michael, my boyfriend," I make the introductions as we enter the store.

After loading the groceries that I just brought into the boot of my car, I go to climb into the driver's seat when again I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see that the hand belongs to Claire.

"Yes?" I ask politely wondering why she is pulling me up.

"I'm sorry, but I can't allow you to drive," she tells me and holds out her hand for the keys.

"Why can't I drive?" I ask slightly annoyed, I just got my car and now they are saying I can't drive it.

"Simply because you don't know evasive maneuvers and we need to evade anyone who is following us, it is only for your safety that I am doing this," she says calmly.

"Okay, but please don't scratch it on me," I say as I hand over the keys.

"I won't," She says climbing in.

I sit in the back of the car on the drive home studying Claire and Justin. Claire has long blonde hair put up in a ponytail, chocolate brown eyes, and a slender build and is short. Justin has medium brown hair cut into a buzz cut, piercing blue eyes and an athlete's build and is tall.

"You know I wouldn't object if you wanted to help me do this cooking," I say to Claire as I lean over to put the cake in the oven.

"Sure, I'll help, what would you like me to do," she asks quickly.

"Well, I need to prepare the stuffed jalapenos so I can grill them just before serving them. Not long before they arrive, I'll cook it and just heat it back up quickly. So if you could help me by grilling the bacon until it's crispy, that would be great," I tell her glad for the help.