Chapter 15

Chris POV
I looked over at AJ and saw he kept playing with that yellow folder he brought with him.
"So what's that folder for?" I asked, pulling out of the hospital driveway.
"Uh- well we need to talk about this folder." AJ sighed.
"Is it bad?"
"Yes? No, I don't know." AJ looked away from me.
"We'll talk about it later." I said, realizing he didn't want to talk about it now. "But your coming home with me."
"What to clean me up? I can just put an ice pack on it or something."
"No just because I can have you over." I reached over and kissed him once I got to a red light, it got pretty heated..until some idiot beeped at us.
...
When we got back to my house, I had AJ lay in my bed and I made a couple of hot pockets for us to eat.
"I know it's not the best thing to munch on, but I'm running low on food at the moment." I told AJ, handing him a plate. "Just be careful, its still hot."
"I love hot pockets." AJ smiled.
"And also, whenever you're ready to talk about the folder and stuff, just let me know. I don't want to rush you." I kissed his cheek.
"I want to talk about it before I leave to go home, but for now can we just watch a movie?" AJ shyly said, cuddling up next to me.
"Anything you want to suggest?" I pulled AJ close as he giggled a little bit.
"Either a Disney movie or some comedy."
"Lets see what we can find." I turned on my TV and searched for movies.
...
AJ fell asleep, his head was on my lap but he had already woken up twice because of nightmares.
"Okay lets talk about this stupid folder." AJ popped his head up and grabbed the folder from my side table. I paused the movie.
"Scared the living shit out of me." I mumbled.
"Sorry baby." AJ said as he opened the folder. "These are photos of me. I never actually told you about what's going on at home-and the only reason I didn't is because I was afraid you might've told the school counselor or something. My brother often has this friend who comes over, Josh. And well, these photos explain the rest."
It was unbelievable, indescribable. AJ never had a scratch on him, blood was all over his face on every single photo, you could even see his cheeks stained with tears. His body was bruised and they mainly cut his legs, and back.
I took a deep breath. "Okay."
"Okay? Are you okay?" AJ asked, grabbing the photos from me.
"I'm fine but that's a lot to take in you know."
"Do you need time to think about it?"
"Yea. But I don't want time away from you." I held his hand in mine.
"Neither do I. But I have to get home, my dad will be home in an hour." AJ wrapped his arm around my neck and gave me multiple kisses on my cheek "Please don't tell anybody about this."
"I won't." That doesn't mean I wont do anything about it.
"Okay. Lets go then." AJ rolled off my bed as I went to grab my keys.