Chapter 6

-Mr.Jericho POV-
I beat AJ almost every time, when he begged me to play him one more time, he beat me. And no, I didn't let him win.
"Ha! In your face!" He stuck his tongue out at me and did a little dorky dance.
"Yea yea." I gave him a fake smile. When I looked outside it was already dark.
"Holy shit we played for a- oh crap sorry Mr.Jericho." AJ chuckled a bit.
"Oh don't worry about cursing near me, just don't curse at me."
"How come all teachers can't be like you? What makes them so strict and evil?" AJ laughed.
"I wish I knew that myself. Usually the old ladies are the worse for whatever reason." AJ laughed at what I said and nodded in agreement.
"What time is it anyways?"
"8:24" I answered, looking at my phone.
"Wow, I guess we're sleeping here then."
"Yea I think we already figured that." I laughed, pointing at all he sheets and pillows.
"Hey, do you know where that janitor went? I tried looking for him earlier but he was nowhere to be found." AJ asked looking outside.
"No, but we should go search for him, just incase ya know?" I looked over at the door before getting up and walking towards it as AJ followed behind me. "Ugh it's dark." I pulled out my phone and turned on the flashlight. I felt and arm linking with mine.
"Sorry I just hate the dark." AJ said shyly as I smiled and pulled him a bit closer.
"It's fine, I don't like the dark either." I looked up and searched for Wade.
"Wade?! Where are you?" I spoke, my voice echoing.
"Oh over here." I saw a flashlight turn on from the other hall.
"What are you doing over there?" I asked.
"I'm about to turn on the lights in a few hallways, so we all know where we're going." A few lights turned on, it was still a bit dark, but flashlights weren't necessary. I turned mine off and AJ loosened his grip on me, but still held on to my arm. We walked ahead and turned into the hallway Wade was in.
"Oh cool! Well, we've got pillows and blankets if you need something to sleep on."
"I'll go into the nurses room and get some, don't worry! Thank you though." Wade responded.
"No problem man. If you need me you know where I'm at." Wade nodded and thanked me once again before AJ and I left to go back into the classroom.
"You tired at all?" AJ asked me.
"Yea I'm getting there, why? Are you sleepy?"
"Yea, I'm beginning to."
"Well let's go set up our sleeping area then." I answered, walking into my classroom. AJ let go of me and began unfolding the blankets. I grabbed the pillows and tried to make the area we were sleeping in as comfortable as possible. AJ layer out some blankets and before we knew it, we made a very comfortable area in the back corner of my room.
AJ sighed. "I like it."
"So do I. I'm going to make some tea in the lunchroom before I go to bed, want to come?"
"Yea, I'm feeling a bit hungry so I might as well get something to eat." AJ turned around towards me.
"Okay cool." We left my room and I linked my arm with AJ's so that he didn't have to himself.
-AJ POV-
I couldn't believe that Mr.Jericho let me hold on to him, I honestly didn't like the dark, but with that, I used it as an excuse to feel his arm. And god those arms are built. I never wanted to let go but I knew I had to eventually. When we got to the lunchroom I grabbed two granola bars, one for now, and one for the middle of the night. I grabbed a water bottle as well, so I wouldn't get thirsty.
"No actual food?" Mr.Jericho chuckled, getting hot water.
"Nope, I'm not too hungry yet. Probably in the morning though." I shrugged. I sat down watching Mr.Jericho make his tea. Thoughts ran through my head. 'AJ you can't like a teacher, you know how illegal that is?!' 'Your dad will kill you' 'He probably doesn't even like you back anyways. He wouldn't loose his job for you.' I sighed loudly, forgetting Mr.Jericho was in the room.
"Sorry am I taking too long?" Mr.Jericho asked, looking up from what he was doing.
"Oh no, sorry. I was thinking about something." I looked down at my lap before looking up at Mr.Jericho.
"You've got some hair sticking up." Mr.Jericho walked up to me and fixed my hair. "There ya go." He turned back to what he was doing.
"Thanks." I quietly said. 'Why am I being so shy now?' I thought to myself.
"No problem. Shall we go back to my room now?" Mr.Jericho turned back towards me, holding a styrofoam cup. I nodded, he held out his arm and I linked mine with his. Walking through the semi-dark hall way, we heard a loud bang. I jumped up, hugging Mr.Jericho's arm at this point. Mr.Jericho jumped a bit as well, but not as much as me. He quickly turned around. "Wade?" He yelled. He looked around before walking quickly. "Let's get into my room before we get even more spooked."