"I'm just wondering," he mumbled as Marinette automatically felt bad.

   "Fine then, I love you soo much! My heart pounds whenever I see you as my cheeks dance in crimson," she exaggerated as Adrien chuckled.

   Marinette's cheeks burned as she nuzzled her face into the warmth of his back. Adrien felt content just feeling her presence, just being close to her. He could hear his heart pang in his chest as sweat beaded on his brow.

   "Did you enjoy the time we spent together?" he enquired as his voice croaked a little.

   Marinette nodded as she curved the ends of her lips into a smile.

   "Of course, I did and I will continue to enjoy my time with you for as long as we live," Marinette stubbornly professed in conclusion.

   Adrien cringed a little as he began biting on his bottom lip. The motorcycle began speeding up as Adrien leant forward a little. There wasn't anyone on the road at that point which made it easy to avoid any obstacles.

   "A-Adrien, can we slow down a bit, you're scaring me," Marinette implored as she clenched her face tight against his back.

   Adrien ignored her pleas as he increased in speed yet again. Marinette couldn't focus on her surroundings, it was motioning too quickly for Marinette to comprehend. Her eyes began watering out of fright as she squealed, fear lurking in her eyes.

   "Please, Adrien, stop!" she shrieked as he wheeled his head slowly around.

   He was smiling. His cheeks were flushed as he smiled. But his eyes cried soft whimpers under the bitter night's surveillance. Marinette's eyes broadened as he stared at her. He mouthed words, the volume too low for her to hear. 

   As Marinette felt her mind blank her eyes stained with the colours of her sweet Adrien, her ears soaked in the balance of his soft, melodious words and her grasp stayed in position, holding her boyfriend tightly.

🐞 🐱 🐞

   When Marinette awoke, her head pounded and her chest sank. Sitting beside her were three figures, two were her mother and father and the third was unknown to her. She noticed she sat between confining, white walls, silver equipment buzzed beside her and there was a portion of food set out on a bench in front of her. On a wooden table beside her was a glass vase of freshly picked roses, all of her favourite colour.

   "Marinette! You're awake!" Sabine chimed as she leapt forward, grasping Marinette with relief.

   Tom sat beside Sabine with tears strolling down his face as he cupped his hands together; in a manly way, though, of course. Marinette began widening her gaze as her mind recalled memories, unpleasant ones at that.

   "Adrien... Where's Adrien?!" she screeched as the room fell silent.

   Sabine moved back as she bit her lip, as did Tom. Marinette felt her heart sink in her chest as tears threatened her eyes and created a glazing cover. 

   Suddenly, there was a knock on the door as a man stepped into the room. He wore a white dress shirt, black dress pants, dress shoes and a purple patterned tie. His hair was brunet and short as he seemed pretty young; around the age of 25.

   "Is Miss Marinette Dupain-Cheng here?" he asked, his voice low and seeming a bit raspy.

   Marinette replied to his question, raising her hand as he smiled and stepped towards the bluenette. He sat on a stool as he stared at her, a kind smile placed on his face while Marinette scowled in discontent.

   "Marinette, I came to see you the other day but it seemed you were still sleeping. But, regarding your boyfriend, Adrien Agreste," she spoke as Marinette gazed at him with hope. "It seems the breaks on the motorcycle you two were on had stopped working, you survived due to your helmet but, unfortunately, he did not."

🐞 🐱 🐞

   Marinette's mind went wild as she felt tears splash over her feverishly red cheeks. She was at a loss for words. The man stared at her with a sympathetic look plastering his face. Marinette wheeled her head to look out of the window, bringing her knees to her chest and wrapping her arms around them. She contemplated for a moment. The concerned tone in his voice, his trembling limbs, his crying face. The reason he sped up and made Marinette take his helmet, was it all to let her survive? She began silently weeping as she remembered his satisfied face of relief and terror and his last words. Marinette couldn't even hear them. Some girlfriend. The shape of his lips as he spouted words. 'I love you'? Marinette shook her head, how could he love someone who left him to die? 

   What kind of girlfriend was she if she wasn't even brave enough to ride a bike without a helmet for her boyfriend's sake. Marinette at least knew the answer to that question. 

   Not a very good one.

🐞

🐱

🐞

   /A/N/ Haven't posted in ages and when I do... This is the kind of stuff I saddle you with... I know, I know, I'm evil. But who can stop, your reactions are priceless! Anywho~ Credit to Chat_And_Mouse who gave me this idea when we were mucking around during class (I know this person in real life) and if you have complaints, blame her. It's her fault. Not mine. I swear.

   [Message for Chat_And_Mouse, if you're reading this] PACALLAMALY, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WHY?! I'M DYING. (I read your first one-shot). Oh, and cats! I got two of them! Sugoi, sugoi?! And so for Pacallamaly, I will...

   ~ Jamalimallama