20| Slow Down

Adrien sat comfortably at the front of his black motorcycle. His girlfriend, Marinette, sat directly behind him, close to his back as she wrapped her arms around his waist. Adrien wore his helmet while Marinette went without, Adrien not thinking properly at that point. The wind blew in their faces, brushing their hair forcefully across their face, slightly stinging. Marinette's eyes were clenched shut as she leant her face against her boyfriend's warm back.

   "Princess, don't be so tense," Adrien spoke, turning his head as he glanced down at her small face.

   Marinette gripped tighter to his waist as her hands trembled with fear. She wasn't too excited about it, she hated motorcycles. But when Adrien asked her, how could she refuse?

   "I can't. You're going too fast," she complained, her voice slightly muffled against his back.

   Adrien manoeuvred between trucks on the road and slowed and sped up. He loved the feeling; the scent of the fresh breeze as it strung through his senses. He absolutely adored it, but it seemed Marinette couldn't feel mutual.

   "This isn't fast, it's normal speed. You've already made me slow down a lot," he complained, adding a slight chuckle to the end.

   Marinette slowly tilted her head up hesitantly as she quickly released her gaze to the roads of the highway. They were going so fast and yet the only thing she noticed was the passing lilac sky. It showered them with a light touch of the newly-found, night sky. She let out a little squeal as she pressed against Adrien's back, terrified to let go. But her head still tilted and faced the sky, a crevasse of light illuminated from amongst the grey clouds. She could watch that all day, it was so beautiful.

   "How pretty..." she murmured under her breath.

   Adrien edged a smile as he looked back, letting a huff of relief escape his lips. As they continued on their journey, Adrien began t increase in speed suddenly, his face a grimaced carve.

   "Hey, Marinette. Could you wear my helmet? It's getting kind of itchy," he asked as he continued to watch the road ahead of him.

   Marinette furrowed her eyebrows as she looked up at him.

   "But then, you'll be in danger if we crash?" she seemed perplexed as she gripped her hands together.

   Adrien sighed as he narrowed his gaze, ambling his eyes towards the bluenette behind him. He clutched the handles tighter as he grit his teeth for a single moment, then replacing it with a calm and kind grin.

   "But, you've been in danger this whole time. What kind of boyfriend am I if I'm not even brave enough to ride a bike without my helmet for my girlfriend's sake?" he chuckled to himself as she stared at him. "Anyway, it's beginning to bug me."

   Marinette stayed quiet for a moment as she then nodded in response. She slowly reached one of her hands to his helmet and slid it off of his head and slipped it onto her's. It was soft on the inside and smelled of the cologne that Adrien wore; it didn't irritate Marinette at all. Marinette latched her hands together again around Adrien's waist as Adrien smiled, a thin layer of pink lacing his cheeks.

   "Sometimes, I wonder. How much do you love me?" he asked as Marinette creased her eyebrows and she glanced towards his face.

   "What are you talking about, Adrien?" she added a confused chuckle on the end.

   Adrien didn't falter as he stared off into the distance, his hands gripping tightly to the rubber bars and his arms slightly trembling; Marinette couldn't tell whether it was the cold or something else.