Chapter 12: Everywhere I Go

He managed to be everywhere I was. Wow, no one I knew did that.

“Oakley, what are you doing? Are you following me?” Now the  thought came to mind and it kind of scared me.

“What?! No! I was just walking out of the resteruant and saw you.” I looked towards where he was pointing and a young man was waving to him as he walked away.

“Oh, sorry about that,” I felt the blush creep up my neck. I adverted my gaze, then put a sheepish smile on my face. Was this embarrassing or what?

“Ok, so what are you doing on this part of the city? And are you by yourself?” He asked me. I didn’t really want to tell him about the club, I didn’t want anyone to worry about me.

“I was with Sophie. We went to the club, but I got a little claustrophobic and came out here. I didn’t really expect to see you here. You seem to pop up everywhere I am.” Whoops, that last part wasn’t supposed to come out. Again, the scarlet color crept up to my cheeks.

Oakley chuckled and took a step or two, forward. He held out his hand. When I didn’t take it, he spoke.

“Let’s go tell Sophie, that we are going to take a walk and we will be leaving after that. How about it?” I hesitantly nodded and took his hand.

We walked back into the club to seek out the curly headed Sophie. When we found her, Oakley told her what him and me were doing. She looked at him with the biggest and suggestive smile she could muster up. I even think, I saw Oakley’s cheeks tinge pink.

“Alright, let’s go.” Oakley turned to me leading me towards the door. Everything he does and I learn about him, fascinates me. He’s like a jigsaw puzzle, that’s broken and shattered. It was like he was slowly trying to piece it back together, gluing the puzzle stronger.

He chuckled, bringing me back to the world. When I looked at him, we were already at the park, across the street from the club. I missed all of the scenery and cursed myself in my head for it.

“What’s so funny?” It came out a little irritated.

“You were off in your own little world… you looked….” He let it trail but me being me, had to know what he was going to say.

“Looked?” I prompted. Man, I really wanted to know. Did I look ugly? Beautiful?

“Looked… beautiful. You were biting on your bottom lip as you were thinking deeply. You didn’t notice a thing we passed and would have gotten hit by a bus if I wasn’t with you. You looked as if you were in your own world. I didn’t want to disturb you but a chuckle escaped.” He found a sudden intrest in his shoes. He looked embarrassed that he just said all that. In my opinion, I liked it.

“Why thank you. For calling me beautiful that is. And yes, I was in a deep thought.” Now that I looked at it, I was in a real deep thought.

“Oh, you’re welcome.” That’s all he said. We continued through the park, holding hands, and laughing at things we both said.

This night was quickly coming to an end. I didn’t want it to. I was having way too much fun with Oakley. But, I had to tell him that it was nearing midnight.

“Well, it’s almost midnight. I think I need to get back to the hotel before my dad flips.” I smiled at the thought of him caring. It would be new to me.

“Right,” That’s all he had to say and I could hear the disappointment leaking through. So I wasn’t the only one that was enjoying this night.

Oakley, hailed us a taxi, got in and told him the address to my hotel. The ride was a comfortable quiet. As the taxi drove, I once again, drank in my scenery. There were building of old and new; ones that were lit and others that had on a few lights. The stores all had display lights illuminating the mannequins that stood in the window. Resteruants had pulled in all the outside tables and chairs, leaving the patio empty. Bikers biked along the stone sidewalk while young married couples walked hand in hand down the streets. Parents with strollers, strolled along the sidewalks for what looked like a midnight walk to get the little ones to sleep. This scene, in front of my eyes, was beautiful and serene compared to life back in Vegas.

The taxi came to a stop outside my hotel. I was disappointed but got out anyway. This was the end of the best night in my life.

I turned to look at Oakley, but his lips crashed down onto mine. They were soft and warm. I kissed back but he broke it off seconds later. That kiss held so much power. It shot tingles all through my body, leaving me with the feeling that I could breathe again. It was euphoric and was heaven.

“Wow.” That’s all we could say. I looked at him, our eyes met, and I smiled the biggest and brightest I could. He did, too.

“That was ama-“ I was cut off by the sound of a gunshot going off. I looked at Oakley, to see him on the ground. His arm was oozing blood. I yelled and everything went blurry.