Chapter 5: Rome

We had landed and I let out  a sigh of relief. I didn't have to answer Oakley's question and I could hurry and get off the plane.

I got up, but I lost my balance. Man, I didn't realize that sitting for so long made my legs feel like they're not working.

Just when I prepared myself to fall, a warm hand caught mine.

I slowly opened my eyes to see that I was staring right at Oakley.

"Look who just always needs my help!" I stared at him and he chuckled. I gained composure and lifted myself out of his grasp.

I was mad now. He is so cocky! He thinks I need his help. I don't even know the guy; yet I felt that i had known more about him than I knew.

"Um, sorry." i brushed past him and to the stairs that led out of the plane.

My dad was in front of me and he asked if I was okay. I didn't even think he saw. I nodded and followed him to  a town car. He opened the door and let me in. I sat down and saw Oakley and some other man next to him.

you have got to be kidding me!  I couldn't avoid him. Obviously, he was everywhere I was. Now that right there, bugged me.

"Ok, siamo pronti ad andare." My dad said in Italian. I understood every word,  OK we are ready to go. 

I was fluent in Italian, French, Russian, Dutch, Chinese, Greek, Polish, Danish,Portuguese, German, Japanese, and Spanish. I thought that was the biggest accomplishment. I just had the best memory. I didn't need to put in much effort in to it; everything just came easily to me.

The car started and off we went. We drove, for what felt like 20 minutes. We stopped at a stop light and something caught my eye.

A red car came speeding toward us. It crashed into the side making our car tip on its side. Everything went black and the next thing I knew, I was in a room, tied to a chair.

I had this grueling headache and everything was blury. I blinked until I could see out of my good eye. The room was dark, but a single window lit the ground, that was right under me.

I swung my head left and right to see if there was anything else. In the corner, I noticed a shadow of a tall figure. He twitched and woke up. He looked right at me and stood up. i heard his boots and he stopped right in front of me.

This mystery guy stared at me intently with green eyes. He had shaggy blonde hair and a sqaure jaw. He looked rough, tough, and me.

I must have looked scared, because he plastered a weak and sorrowful smile on his face. I softened a bit but not much for him to notice. I didn't know who he was with or what he was doing. I was SCARED!

He began to talk in a foreign language.

"Jeg er her for at hjælpe dig, ikke skade. Din far har sendt mig, og jeg har nogle ting du skal gøre." It was Danish.  I am here to help you, not harm.Your dad sent me and I have some things you need to do."

I gulped and nodded. My breath was heavy and I couldn't control it. This was so much to take in.

"De kommer til at tage dig et sted. Der har været snak om, at du faktisk går i bagagerummet. Jeg har taget alle forholdsregler, og der vil være en taske i bagagerummet. Kig efter det og gøre, hvad den fortæller dig. Jeg 'undskyld, hvis jeg ramte dig, jeg bare nødt til at sikre, at de belive mig. Så jeg er ked af, hvis dette hit gør ondt. Åh, ved den måde, jeg Jones. "

he said, "They are going to take you somewhere. There has been talk that you are indeed going in the trunk. I have taken all the precautions and there will be a bag in the trunk. Look for it and do what it's telling you. I'm sorry if I hit you, I just have to make sure they belive me. So, I am sorry if this hit hurts. Oh, by the way, I'm Jones."

The next thing I knew, There was a stinging sensation against my left cheek. Jones looked down at me with apologetic eyes.

"Теперь ты никогда не говорите со мной, как это снова! Хорошо, сука?" He changed his language into russian. He said,  don't you ever talk to me like that again! Okay, bitch?"

I nodded when two me came into the room. They took their conversation over to a corner. I couldn't hear but I was in tears. They were silent sobs. I can't believe this has all happened.

I looked up to see Jones walking towards me, then everything went black.

When I woke up everything was dark and we were moving. I knew we were in the car and I searched for that bag. Instead, my hand encircled a cold metal object. I felt the litte object and it was a flashlight.

I clicked it on and opened it up. Inside there was a gun, a phone, what looked like five hundred euros, a note, and a helmet.

I opened the note and read the letter. It was in Italian, that's when I lknew it was from my dad.

Lacy,

I'm so sorry that I've put you through this. I love you and we are going to get you back alive. There's a gun, a phone, some money, and a helmet ( you'll need that in a couple miutes,). Strap the backpack on and pull the emergency exit strap on the top of the trunk. I love you sweetie. I'll see you in little bit.

 Love,

Dad.

I smiled and did what I was told.

I pulled the yellow strap and pop! The trunk opened. I sqauted and jumped.