Chapter 3

You were giggling like a child, swinging your feet wildly as you sat atop the roof, before jumping off and landing swiftly on the ground. You looked around and saw you had landed promptly into an alley, fun. A deep chuckle was heard behind you, and your grin widened. You were fueled by pure rage and shock of what you had become.
"Smells icky." You whined like a child staring at broccoli.

Turning around, you were met face to face with a young male. He had a black mask covering the lower half of his face, and grown out indigo hair. His eye color was unknown due to his kakugan flooding his iris, and yours had disappeared. You noticed something different about your kakugan, your eye color was a bloody golden color, as almost every other ghoul's was pure red. Weird.
"Tch. You're just a human whose been playing around too many ghouls, their scent is all over you." You could almost hear his smirk. A brow was raised from you, and you smiled innocently.

"A ghoul? Those big scary things? Why would they want to play with me?" Your voice had sounded non-malicious, as if you hadn't almost killed your father. Each syllable was filled with mock confusion.

"I'm not sure, but you've managed to smell appetizing despite that. And I just happen to be very hungry." His voice threatened your ears that intently listened, but you felt no fear.

"Oh, then maybe you should have chosen another meal, sir." You bowed your head in respect, your golden kakugan filling your eye as you stared into his red ones.

Your head had felt a sudden pang, and you collapsed to the ground. Your tough demeanor had been broken, by nothing more than a headache. Another pang was set in your head and your eyes were shut tightly for at least five minutes. The indigo haired male stared at you in confusion.

Your shining (E/C) eyes looked up at him, his mask being ripped off to enable him to eat you as to him it appeared you had obviously given up. Or so he thought.
"Who are you?" You questioned, oddly remembering his face but not recalling where you've seen it. "Why am I outside? Father will be so upset. Oh no oh no no no. Not good at all." You stood and frantically paced back and forth. The indigo haired male was confused, you had lost your memory? He thought for a moment about your one kakugan. One of those engineered ghoul's, he scoffed. Eto would definitely find out about her soon enough. And soon enough she'd want her for herself. His kakugan left his eyes, as he offered a hand to the worried girl.

"Excuse me, but I've got to get back home." She briskly replied to him, and it took everything in him to not punch her into the wall when she shoved his hand away.
"It's rather late, let me walk you back." He thought it would be an advantage to know where this one eyed ghoul lived, getting him some brownie points with the boss. Or maybe he was fueled by interest, but he would never admit that.

You stared at his hand with a conflict in your head, he sure did smell nice. Like burning firewood. Your head nodded almost unwillingly, pulled in by the mysterious charm of the man. "Thank you. It's not too far!" You announced with glee. Your heart was beating profusely, a slight blush across your face. It took only a few moments to realize that with one hand this stranger was holding your hand, and with the other he was holding your heart.

"It's here." You claimed, smiling brightly and releasing your grip from his. You turned to him, "May I know your name, sir?" You asked, feeling grateful to have a safe walk home. Though something about him made you feel uneasy.
"Ayato. And you?" He wasn't sure why he told you his name, and let you see his face. He was being a bit reckless, but the name slipped off his tongue.

"(Y/N). I feel as if I remember you from somewhere-" He expected you to say from a few days ago possibly due to the memory loss, but your answer shocked him. "-As a child? I think I remember you having a sister. Hm, maybe I'm wrong, sorry." You gave an innocent closed eye smile and ran one of your hands through your tangled hair. Why hadn't you brushed it before leaving? You shrugged it off.