[53] "You're going to regret this."

Zacznij od początku

"Just tell me what went wrong?" Porsha pleaded. "Everything seemed fine until today. I keep replaying everything in my head and I can't figure it out."

Sammie gripped the steering wheel. "There's nothing left to say."

"Talk to me."

Sammie groaned. He didn't want to talk about this anymore so he started giving her excuses. "We have a big age difference."

"It's only two years. You've been with other girls my age."

Excuse number two. "I'm headed to college. It wouldn't work."

"You're going to a local college."

Sammie tried to remember if he was the one to the tell her that little bit of information. He didn't remember ever talking about college with Porsha so he wondered where she found that out. Never the less he decided to throw a third excuse at her.

"My mom doesn't like you."

"She can grow to like me."

If you think that you don't know Sierra Coleman. Sammie thought to himself.

Porsha took advantage of Sammie's silence and leaned over him and touched his package between his legs. "How about we just stop talking and go inside?"

Sammie removed her hand. His body didn't react towards her touch. "No."

"Sam."

Sammie groaned and decided to be completely honest with Porsha. It was obvious that she wasn't getting the hint. "Porsha, we aren't going to work because I'm in love with someone else. I want to be with her."

Porsha was silent for a moment. She leaned back in the seat and looked towards the house. Sammie could only see a fraction of her face but he didn't miss her eyes becoming watered.

"I'm sorry."

She wiped her face with the back of her hand. "Who is it?"

"It doesn't matter. This should have never started between us and this one more stupid thing I can add to my record. It was all a mistake and today I realized it."

"It's Nevaeh isn't it? I don't understand why so many people like her."

Sammie wasn't going to admit it was her. At this point he just wanted to leave. "It doesn't matter. You're beautiful Porsha and I know it won't take long for someone to snatch you up. It's just not gonna be me."

Porsha turned to look at Sammie and smiled before slapping him across the face. "You're going to regret this." She opened the car door and ran into the house.

Sammie couldn't blame the girl for her reaction. "I'm a piece of shit." He started his car and headed in the direction of the prom.

:

Nevaeh 9:45pm

Music was blasting as Teddy and Nevaeh danced in the center of the ballroom. Beside them were London and Chris and during a couple of songs, Chris had danced with Nevaeh while Teddy did the same with London. Despite early mishaps, everyone was having a decent time.

Thirty minutes' prior the principal had announced Teddy and Nevaeh Prom King and Queen. Despite being prepared to win it was hard for Nevaeh to be on stage with everyone's attention on her. It helped that Teddy was there to share some of the spot light. He had held her close as they danced as King and Queen in front of the school. She was having the best time but no matter how much she tried her thought would drift towards Sammie. She wondered what he was doing and why he wasn't there. He repeatedly asked for a dance and Nevaeh didn't want to admit that she was looking forward to possibly giving him once.