♧Chapter 2♧ (Zach's POV)

Zachary's POV

Tomorrow was the day that the servant's get new schedules. The other girls that were assigned to clean my room were all little hoebags. They wake me up by straddling me, this is a no go, I repeat ABORT MISSION. I was saving myself for my mate, I do not care how cliche that sounded but it is true. My mom raised me well.

How rude of me, I did not even introduce myself, well hello I am Zachary, to be more formal I am about to be Royal King Alpha Zachary, I am currently 19. I have been in this castle my entire life, it is quite annoying really. My only real friend is my Beta, Marco. He has been my best friend for a long time, since we were little cliche yes I know, sheesh. But that is what your parents do, when you are the Alpha, they introduce you to your soon to be Beta, so that you guys become friends and are basically inseparable. I mean it usually works, Marco and I are almost always hanging out, playing games, working together, etc. basically everything Alpha's and Beta's do. Not to mention that he is not such bad company, rather one of the few people that I enjoy hanging out with. He has the same views that I do, he wants to meet his mate and settle down, have some kids, yada yada yada.

My mom is the, was the most amazing women. She still is, but she changed after my dad died in the rouge attack. He was trying to fight off 7 at the same time, he tried so hard but when he went to kill the last one, the leader, he shot my dad with a wolfsbane covered silver bullet. He would have been fine, if it had not shot him in the lung, he would have healed if he was not so injured. But his wolf was already too weak, and he died trying to heal himself. Yea, he killed all 7 rouges, yes it costed him his life but he did what needed to be done; I learned that my 15th birthday. The rogue attack was only a few months after my 15th birthday. My mom was the Royal Luna Queen until I became 18, then I took over. She was still the same mom that took care of me, but she changed. She was rarely out of her room nowadays. She helped my with the pack and she is trying, she is hanging on for me and possibly her 2nd chance mate. She said that she was visited one night, in her dream, by the moon goddess. She said how that what she went through was so traumatic and that she deserved happiness, so that is what she was going to give her. My mom is only 37, she had me at 18. My mom was 16, almost 17 when they met, my dad was 18. They were deeply in love, they married when she found out she was pregnant with me, the same day actually, everything happens very fast when your a wolf. They spent 18 wonderfully, happily married years together. They taught me everything about being a good mate, a good brother, a good person, and most importantly an amazing father. I know that she tries to be there for me and show me that she is strong, but I know that she is in pain, everyday. I hope that she can find her second chance, I know and she knows that it won't be the same as my father. With second chance mates, the thing is that the other person has to have lost their mate as well. They both will be going into the relationship having lost someone and I think that is what makes it so special, that they both have come from a place of hurt and are trying to love again, it is bittersweet really if you think about it.

Anyways, back to the present, enough of those depressing thoughts I need to get up and go for a run before Layla decides to come and wake me up with kisses and a straddling session. I can overhear her and some of her friends always trying to whisper about how we are destined to be mates. However, they have no clue on how to whisper and are complete morons. I do not see it, not in a thousand years, to be honest, she was EXTREMELY annoying and I would NEVER wish for her to be my mate, I am sorry if that sounded rude but it is true. And the rumors that I have been sleeping around is 100% false, like I said I would never, I am waiting for my mate.

I jumped out of bed, not bothering to make it, threw on some basketball shorts, a black t-shirt, I did not bother with shoes, and went downstairs. I ate some cantaloupe, grapes, strawberries, whatever my mom put in the fruit bowl. Lately, she has been a bit more happy, maybe her mate is coming and she can feel it but we will have to wait and see.

I grabbed a bottle of water and went to the backyard, nobody was up yet. The maids were getting ready to start cleaning otherwise everyone else was sleeping. I walked into the woods, shifted into my wolf, and started my run.

Stupid human, forgetting about me. My wolf Xavier said. He thinks he is a badass because people fear him, but that is a long story for another time. Me and my wolf have a love hate relationship, it is more love than hate really, he is just an ass.

Listen here stupid, I do not love you. Xavier growled into my head, we came to a screeching holt during our run. We both can control this form, but he likes to fight for dominance, most of the time that he gets control it is only because I allow him.

That's what you think Zach, you keep thinking that that is what happens. I get control because I am stronger. I mean you are strong too but people fear me more than you. He is sweet when he wants, most of the time he is an ass because he has to be, to get the respect of the pack and make people scared of him I do not blame him for that, it is something that has to be done to insure order within the kingdom.

Oh hush Xavier. We are literally the same person, it is impossible for you to hate me. Even if you do not want to admit that you love me I love you babe, you can never leave me so tough shit hoe. I could hear him snickering in the back of my mind as we took off running again. I felt free when we were out here, no duties, no girls, it was just Xavier and I and the woods. We howled and took off running back to the castle, everyone would be getting up by now and I had things to do when I got home.

Hey Zach, do you think we are going to find our mate soon? It is just that everyone else has been finding theirs and I want to find ours and make her ours. Just think about how lonely she is, just waiting for us. At least I hope she is. I could not agree more, I hope that she is not one of the girls sleeping around, we try and discourage that because we do not want to have any situations within the pack where one person has been patiently waiting for their mate and then the other person has been sleeping around. There is not much that we can do to stop it but we do try and do our best, it is for the better of the pack.

I know bud, I want the same thing. I do not want to be waiting for her just to find out that she has not been waiting for us. I can tell you right now who I know that it is not, Layla, and that is a fact. She is always trying to get with me and she does not even know for sure if we are mates, which we are not. I feel nothing for her, she is only looking for a one night stand and I am not about that life. I could feel him agreeing with me, this is one of the few things that we can agree a thousand percent on.