♧Chapter 9♧ (Lilly's POV)

Lillian's POV

"You are going to choke Zachary." I say, laughing.

"No I am not." Zach said with his mouth stuffed with food.

"So... how does this whole marking thing go?" I ask, changing the subject.

"I mark you, by biting your neck. I have to cut your hand and you have to cut mine, we have to drink each other's blo-," Zach started.

"Whoa! Gross I am not drinking anyone's blood! Mate or not that is not happening. Not now not ever!" I shouted.

"I am just kidding, I wanted to see your reaction. Anyway, after we cut each other's hand we have to mix our blood, to become one. We will both get a mate mark right here." he said pointing to his collarbone.

"That is it? I thought it be way worse." I say and I feel a weight being lifted off my shoulders.

"What? Like drinking each other's blo-," Zach started again.

"Ewe! Do not say it." I yelled covering my ears. Zachary holds his hands up in mock surrender.

"Asshole," I mutter under my breath.

"What did you just say?" I heard Zach ask.

"Nothing," I grinned.

"Oh I heard a very naughty word Lillian. I suggest you take it back." he playfully growled.

"Nope, I did not say anything." I shrugged, giggling.

"I could have sworn I heard something, must be something wrong with my hearing." he said shaking his head. I giggled again and swallowed the last of my cheeseburger.

"Ya you are becoming deaf because you look like a ratchet old man who just lost his panties." I mutter under my breath again.

"Oh that is it!" Zach yelled playfully and grabbed my arm and pushed me on the bed.

"You are in trouble missy." Zach said snapping his fingers in a 'Z' formation.

"Really? What did I do?" I ask, batting my eyelashes.

"Oh do not play all innocent with me, you know what you said!" Zach growled holding down arms above my head. He looked at my lips and got closer.

He leaned in, capturing my lips in a sweet satisfaction that sent shocks everywhere in my body. He let go of my hands and caressed my face leaning in, deeper. He pulled back to let me catch my breath but he did not stop. He kissed my jawbone and then my neck. He stopped right where my collarbone was and he sunk his teeth into my flesh. I did not feel any pain just tickles that started at the mark and touched down to my toes. He pulled back, but not before kissing the mark which sent a million sparks through my body.

"We just had our first kiss." Zach whispered.

"Yes, we did. Now I am marked." I smiled as he laid down beside me.

"We have to finish it, remember?" he said.

"Oh yeah, what kind of knife do we have to use?" I ask sitting up.

"A special knife passed down through the Hernandez generation." he said getting up and walking towards his dresser.

"What do other mates do?" I ask.

"You did not know? Only Alpha King and Luna Queen have do this, it insures the love and safety of our pack." Zach said opening the top drawer and producing a brown book with green vines wrapped around it.

"What?" I say.

"Exactly what I said." Zach said opening the box and reaching in producing the knife.