Chapter 16

---Damien's POV---

She left. I should have gone after her, but I let her go. The bad thing was, she was right. If I lost this, I sign her death sentence and we both know it. Just, in the heat of the moment, I had to accept. If not, it would have made me look weak and scared. Right now, I was, but I couldn't let it show to him, not then. He knows she is my weakness, but if he knew how much, he could destroy me and I couldn't let that happen. I had to fight for her and I had to fight for Alpha. If not, I'll be handing Sofia and myself over to our deaths. That was not going to happen. So, I made my way down the stairs when the door opened. Sofia and Jayden came though the door. She looked cold as she huddled up in her jacket. 
When her eyes caught mine, I could see the hurt in them. Everyone was still until she walked past me and headed for the room. I hoped she would talk about this and we could talk it through. 

---Sofia's POV---

There he was. He stood on the steps and I knew on he was hurting and he wanted to talk to me. With everything that was going on, I knew we had to talk though I didn't want to. I didn't look at him as I walked past his warmth and to our room. When I got there, I sat on the end of the bed with my feet on the small couch after I kicked my shoes off. My eyes didn't move to him when he came in the room and closed the door. Silence filled the room as neither of us said a word. Every few moments he shifted from one leg to the other as the silence was killing me. He was here and I was pissed at him but I needed to hear his voice. 
"Damien!" Someone shouted from the hallway. We both jumped and he swung the door opened. 
"What?" He asked urgent. 
"It's Sofia! We found her in the woods!" Someone said. What? I was right here. I walked up beside Damien and he wrapped his arm around me. 
"What kind of trick are you pulling with me?" Damien about growled. One of his men stood there confused. 
"I swear, she looks just like Sofia. We found her in the woods not far from here. Someone picked up on her blood and went to see. She's down in the infirmary," He said. He seemed hesitant but he continued. 
"Doc is working on her," He said. He finally looked down at me.
"Do you have a sister?" Damien asked looking down at me. Yes, I was mad, but it was good to hear him talk directly to me.
"Not that I know of," I told him. He started walking down the hall with me being slightly drug behind him. If I had a sister, Mother would have told me. But then again, she didn't want me knowing about Bentley, and I understood why. But, Mom wouldn't keep this one thing from me. My mind raced as my feet slightly struggled to keep up with Damien. 
"Come quick!" one of the twins said to Damien. We raced to a room where a girl was screaming. When we went inside, men were surrounding a corner, but I wasn't sure why. Then I saw the glimpse of brown hair and the tanned skin. 
"They are trying to get her to the bed, but she won't let anyone touch her," Doc said to Damien. I moved around a little to try to get a look at her, but the men had her surrounded. My feet moved to her and no one stopped me, not even Damien. The men parted and a gasp left my lips as I looked at a perfect image of myself. Our eyes matched to the shade and our lips were slightly parted in the exact same way with wide eyes. 
"W-who are y-you?" She stuttered. I knelt down and sat cross legged on the floor in front of her all while giving her the space she needed. 
"My name is Sofia," I told her. Everyone was silent for a very long time before I moved my hair out of my face that had fallen and spoke again. 
"What is your name?" I asked her. Her lips closed and she looked around at all the men. My head turned and my eyes found Damien. 
"Move out men, I'll take it from here," Damien said. They all piled out of the room leaving Damien, doc, myself and my look alike. They were on the other side of the room. My attention went back to my look alike as I waited for an answer. 
"I know it can be scary, I was where you were-what feels like- a long time ago. It can be intimidating and nerve=racking, but I can promise, I won't hurt you," I said softly to her. My eyes flashed down to her hands that were holding a small necklace. 
"I have a necklace too, see?" I asked as I pulled it from under my shirt. "My mother gave it to me years ago." Mom. My heart stung. A small gasp left her lips and I looked up to find she had the same necklace. 
"Mine has writing on the back, but I don't know what it means," I said. She turned hers over after I took mine off. Ours had the same writing on it.
'Sœurs pour toujours'
It was written in fancy lettering. 
"See, someone's been watching over us," I told her. She reached in her back pocket and pulled out an old piece of paper and handed it to me. She slightly nodded as I opened it up.