Chapter 11

---Damien's POV---

Her question caught me of guard. It came out of nowhere. She looked frightened and her body became stiff under my eyes. 
"When I found you, you were on the ground in the middle of no where. I'm not sure who had you or what even happened or how you got out," I told her after I took her hand in mine. Her eyes went away from mine and to the ceiling. Even from a distance, I could see her eyes playing what happened over and over again. My heart stung for her and I wanted to take the memories away from her. 
"But," I continued. Her eyes came back, "I won't rest until I know whoever did this to you is dead." It was my promise to her. 
"There was a man Damien, the man didn't hurt me. He helped me run," She said. It showed on her face and in her eyes that she didn't want that man to pay for what the others had done. 
"He'll be safe," I told her as I ran my hand over her hair. A soft smile played on her lips as she fell asleep. I didn't know how, I didn't know when, but I would put the man who did this to her 6 feet under, barely alive and let him suffer. It would be nowhere near how badly she suffered, but he would. 
Her eyes fluttered and moved under her eye lids as I placed a soft kiss on her forehead. 
"I love you Sofia. I promise to protect you forever and always," I whispered in her ear and I placed a soft kiss on her temple before leaving her to sleep peacefully. 
"Damien," Kayden said. Other people had a hard time telling them apart, but it was easy for me. 
"Yea," I said stopping in front of him. My hands were in my pockets and I let my shoulders sag. 
"Is there anything we can do to help?" He asked. Then it hit me. My feet moved to my office in the other building and he followed without a word. After we got there, I started up my laptop and pulled up google maps. The mouse followed the route we took home and I looked until I found the same rock she was lying beside.
"Kayden," I said motioning for him to come around my desk. 
"I found her here. Search around for houses or other estates. Don't be seen and don't make a move without coming back with what you found. If something happens-," I started but Jayden came in. 
"We're on it," Kayden said. He left and Jayden followed immediately. While they were doing that, I could search on google maps. 
With each passing second, I grew more restless. So, I took my laptop, a charger and a notebook to the room Sofia slept in. I wanted to be there when she woke up. She'd want me there. 
I spent the next few hours leaning over one chair with my elbows on my knees doing work on my laptop. The laptop was in a chair in front of me, so my back was leaning over for longer than it should have been. 
Sofia didn't wake up till the next day around noon. She was so thin and weak, it scared me. Doc said she would be back to normal as soon as she was healed enough to start walking around and eating. 
"Damien?" She asked softly. It only took me a small second to jump to her side and hold her hand. 
"I hurt," She whispered. 
"Doc!" I called frantically as I tried to find a way to sooth her soft moans and whimpers. Doc came flying in with his clip board. 
"What's wrong?" He asked just as frantic as I did. 
"I hurt," She whispered in the same hurt voice like her whole body was in pain. Doc nodded, understanding. He wrote some things down on his clipboard. He went over to her and pulled out a needle from his lab coat. My body tensed and I stood, ready to push him back. 
"It'll help ease the pain and she'll sleep," Doc said. When he started to move closer to her, she whimpered slightly. My heart went out to her as he stuck her with the needle and put her to sleep. 
"She's not going to be very into it for a while. Her body needs to rest and she needs to heal," Doc said. I sat back down in my chair beside her and listened to him talk. 
"But, she's going to have more mental problems than physical. I'm not sure what happened and I don't think you do either. The only person who does is her," He told me. He was just telling me stuff that I already knew, so it was no shock to me. With those thoughts, he left me to get back to work. 

"Damien," the twins said coming in. They pulled me away from my work that I had been indulged in for hours since Doc left me alone. 
"What did you find?" I asked. You could tell I was drained and just done, even in my voice. 
"We found this house, it's a pretty big estate with people inside. We camped out nearby. No doubt they knew we were there, but we signaled we didn't want to harm them, so they left us. But what we saw heading back today was strange. There is this big black steel enforced small square building with one locked door. If she left from there, she would have found her way to the estate easily, even in bad condition," Kayden said. He and Jayden kept flashing their eyes to Sofia, who was sound asleep. 
"Did you see anyone leave?" I asked flashing my eyes to her. 
"Just some maids and servants. They looked pretty beat up," Jayden said sitting down in a chair. 
"No doubt whoever had her, beat his workers as well," Kayden said sitting down as well. My hands ran over my face and through my hair. 
"Any other signs nearby of life?" I asked them as I pulled up google maps. Neither the house or the steel building was on the map.
"No," They both said. While I had Maps open, I had them point out where they thought the house and the steel building might be, in estimate. 
"The people you sent out that signal to, did they seem to want to harm you even when you got there?" I asked as I shut my laptop. 
"No, they kept on doing what they were and paid no mind to us," Kayden said. Silence fell and I knew we were all thinking about Sofia. 
"How is she?" Jayden asked. My heart jumped in my chest, then fell to my stomach. 
"She's hanging in there. She woke up in pain a while ago so Doc put her back to sleep. She'll be like this for a while so her body can rest and heal," I told them, my eyes locked on her. 
"Man, go get some sleep and some food. We can watch her," Jayden said. My cold eyes flashed to them. 
"No. I want to be here in case she wakes up again," I said taking my eyes off of the. 
"Ok," Kayden said. After a long moment of silence, they left and my parents came in. Ugh. 
"How is she?" Father asked. I told him what I told the twins. Both of them sat where the twins sat just a minute ago. 
"You need rest," Mother said. No doubt. 
"I'll be fine," I told her. Ace whimpered. He wanted sleep and I did too. 
"You can't keep pushing like this. You're going to crash eventually," Mother fought. Ace jumped slightly at the thought of sleep. It did sound pretty good right about now. 
"Go," She urged. 
"Call me if anything happens, even if she wakes up?" I asked her. She nodded. I gather my things and gladly went back to the house. As soon as I hit the bed, I was right asleep...

---Sofia's POV---

When I woke up, I felt slightly refreshed. My body lay limp, but my mind was awake. It went over the memories of when I was in there. I didn't want it to, but it did. 
"Sofia?" A woman asked. My head turned to the voice and I opened my eyes to see Damien's Mother sitting in a chair beside the bed. Where was Damien? 
"He went to get some sleep. He was drained and needed it," She said softly. My body awoke with sting, but it faded away in a few short moments.
"Can I get some water?" I asked. She sat me up and gave me a cup of cold water. It was refreshing. 
"Thanks," I said staying in the sitting position. My mind was still foggy but my body didn't ache as much as it had in the past. 
"Do you want me to wake Damien?" She asked reaching for her phone. 
"No, it's fine. Let him sleep," I told her. My voice was  thick with sleep. She nodded and put her phone down.
"How long have I been asleep?" I asked trying to remember the last time I was awake.

"I'm not really sure, but it's been a few days," She told me. Doc came in and I looked up a him.

"How you feeling?" He asked me with his clipboard as always.
"Better," I told him. He nodded and took some small tests after Damien's Mother gave him the ok.

"Definitely seem to be doing better, how about getting up and trying to walk," he said. My first thought was Damien.
"Let me call Damien and get him down here," His Mother said.

"May I?" I asked her. She nodded and handed me the phone. Damien was at the top of her list so I hit dial and waited. After the third ring he answered.
"Hi, Damien," I said softly. It didn't take long for him to answer.

"I'm on my way. Are you ok?" He asked. His voice was rushed and I heard him moving around his room.

"I'm doing better. Doc wants me to get up and move around, but I wanted you here," I told him. It still hurt to talk, but it wasn't as bad as before.
"Doc is in there? How long have you been awake?" He asked as a door closed on his end.

"About 10 minutes. I told your Mother not to call because I wanted you to sleep," I told him. He understood and in a few short moment's, he was in the room with us. He rushed to my side and held my hand. Only then did I realize the bruises on my arm. They went up to my shoulder and to my chest that was barley showing. The hitting and the whips came back. I slightly flinched at the memory of the sound.

"Damien," I said softly. He sat behind me and pulled me back to him gently. His mom and Doc left us alone.

"I missed you so much," I said into his arm. So many nights and days in there I had wished for his arms to be around me and now they were. I never wanted them to leave me either. We were perfectly content lying there together, me wrapped tightly in his arms. He made me feel safe from everything that happened. Everything...my mind hadn't thought of everything in detail and I hadn't been dreaming about it because of the sleeping medication they were giving me. It was just a deep dark hole when I slept and I wanted it to stay that way. Dreams would lead to nightmares, which would lead to Damien asking me questions and I didn't want to have to tell him anything. I wanted to keep it hidden under a thick sheet, and it was going to stay there. No matter what.