Chapter 9

"We have a lead!" Someone shouted. Both my body and Ace reacted before I did. We were running down the stairs and into the passenger side of the car that was right outside the doors. 
"Where?" I asked Father who sat in the driver side. He sped down, flying gravel and dust. The twins, along with a few others were in the car as he went down the road full speed.
"A small house not to far from here, but it's secluded. We should be there in about a half hour," he said. 
I'm coming for you. 

---Sofia's POV--- 

It had to have been months since he had me. Everyday felt like an eternity. The cell he had me in was cold and dusty. It had been days since I had a bite to eat, though I was given warm water to drink 3 times a day. Yes, it wasn't good water, but it was something. My hands were shaky as I sat in the corner of the small cell. I was only wearing a tank top and my lace underwear. He said it gave him access to do more damage to my body if more skin was showing. 
Was Damien ever going to show up? At first I had been convinced that he was going to show up in a few hours, but after days and months, I had almost lost all hope. He would have come by now if he was going to. It had been too long. My heart ached for him. I fell asleep thinking about him.

"Sofia!" Damien shouted. We were running through the fields and toward the lake. My shoes and pants came off as did my shirt, leaving me in my bra and underwear. Without hesitation, I jumped into the warm water. It wasn't long before Damien jumped in only wearing his boxers. We swam and laughed like we always did. His lips gently pressed against mine and I couldn't help but laugh. His arms wrapped around my waist as my did his. 
"I love you," He whispered softy into my ear. My heart jumped. 
"I love you too, Damien," I whispered back. 

The dream was cut short from a light at the end of the hallway. It was faint and I heard people coming in. Here comes the daily hurt that would last for hours and hours. 
"That way," Someone whispered. A soft cry left my lips. Everyday, I would push myself into the corner and try to hide away from the hands that grabbed me and hurt me. Everyday I would try to somehow save myself, but it only left me in more pain at the end of the day. 
"Check those down there," A soft, but urgent voice whispered. It was easy for my body to hide in the shadows, but once the door opened, I knew it was it. 
"Damien!" A voice called. My heart dropped. Damien? Was he really here? Or was this a dream? 
"Sofia," his voice whispered with relief. When he placed his hand on me, I jumped back farther into the corner. 
"Shh, it's me, I've got you," he said. The sparks, they were gone, until I reached my shaky hand out and touched his soft skin. 
"Damien," I said at a soft whisper. He wrapped his arms around me and I cried. 
"Shh, we have to be quiet. I have to get you out of here," He said. My cries stopped at once. 
"Can you stand?" He asked softly. I hadn't even tried in months.
"I don't think so," I whispered. My voice was deep and shaky. In an instant, he stood while I was against his chest. Footsteps all around us followed us down a long hallway. When we got there, the door was locked. 
"Shit," Damien said softly. 
"Going somewhere?" Someone asked from behind us. Damien put me down and two arms were around me, holding me up. 
"We've got you," One of the twins said. They had me. 
"Hand her over," The man said. I could feel Damien's anger radiating off of him. 
"Go. To. Hell." He said in 3 growls. 
"Or you could," The man said. 
"Damien, he killed my Mother," I said. I knew it would add to his anger and he would snap the mans neck. I wanted him dead as bad as it sounded. He put me through so much pain and misery. He was the reason Mom was gone. Damien went after him. War broke out in the hallway. More men came from the other end of the hallway. The twins put me in the very back corner against the door as they went to fight. I had to do something, I couldn't just sit here but I didn't have any strength. 
Bullsh*t. 
My arms gave in a few times, but as war broke out behind me, I stood up and held myself up against the door. After a minute, a green light came on the edge of the door. It literally lasted for a millisecond, then it went off. I was too late. War was getting closer to me as I tried again and again to open the door. When it finally opened, alarms went off everywhere. The sunlight was blinding and I couldn't see where I was going. 
My hand caught something hot and metal. Slowly, my eyes came into focus. The door started to close, but I went for it to keep it open. Arms caught be before blackness took over... 

Warm blankets surrounded me and I felt safe. Everything that happened, played through my mind on replay, but it felt like a distant memory. The ache in my body told me it really happened. 
"Sofia?" Damien asked softly. My head turned toward him as my eyes started to slowly open. Finally, I felt safe. Damien had me and he wasn't going to let me go back to those horrid people. If I knew him and the pack, those people wouldn't live to see another day, and that was fine with me. They hurt me and abused me for, what felt like, years.  He sat on the floor beside my side of the bed. I had one of his arms wrapped in mine and I held it tight against my chest so he couldn't go anywhere. He had to be here when I woke up. He promised me would with a soft kiss on my forehead. His hand ran through my hair, from scalp to ends until my eyes faded closed... 

"Wake up!" Someone shouted. I shot off of the cold hard ground to find it was all a dream. Damien didn't find me, I wasn't safe from them. They were my never-ending nightmare. Tears flowed from my eyes as I remembered the warm, safe feeling I had in my dream knowing Damien was there right before I fell asleep. Then, I was pulled back to reality. He pulled me by my long hair to the chair that I spent endless days being cut and hurt. 
" 'Oh Damien! Damien! Damien' "  He said as to mock me. I must have been sleep talking. My head hung as he had one of his men tie my hands and legs up. Today, they tied my stomach to the chair. 
It felt like hours and hours as he cut me and hurt me. Pain washed over me until I became numb. 
"He will never find you!" The man spat at me as I cried from the whip cutting my flesh. His words cut deep, but if I knew Damien, he wouldn't give up until he had be back. All my trust and hope was in him. He was keeping me going and he was going to save me. 
The man did something I never thought he would do. He pulled a gun and pointed it at me. A burning light came from behind me burned my eyes. My head turned and my hair created a wall from the man with the gun. Though, this wall would provide me no protection. 
"You see that light...it'll be the last light you'll ever see," he said. A scream left my throat as a gun went off around me. Hands were frantically on me as someone untied me. 
"Listen to me," The man said. My head was fuzzy. Was Damien here finally? 
"Damien?" I asked softly as he worked on my feet, then stomach. 
"No. You only have a few minutes. Run, get as far away from here as possible!" He said. He stood me up but I fell. 
"Go," He rushed me...