Chapter 12

We stayed lying like that for a very long time. We didn't speak. We didn't move. It was just me in his arms, our two heart beats and our breathing. 
"Sofia?" Damien asked as he kissed my hair. 
"Yea," I said softly. His hand was gently moving over my arm and it was relaxing. 
"What happened in there?" He asked softly after kissing my hair again. There it was. The question I had been dreading. He would keep asking, and I would ignore him. 
Saved by Doc. He came strolling in with the twins and Damien's parents. Damien softly growled as I wiped away a stray tear before they got too close to see my misty eyes. 
"You ready to try and walk?" Doc asked. 6 sets of eyes were on me and I didn't like it. 
"Come on guys, not all of us need to be here," Damien's Father said. He rushed them out and took himself with them. 
"Ready?" Damien asked sliding out from behind me. No. My hands found his and I slowly started to pull myself up straight in the bed. Then, I swung my legs over the edge. They felt like jello and I didn't like it one bit. 
"You got me?" I asked looking up at Damien. 
"Yes, I won't let you fall," he said softly. And with that I let my feet hit the cold floor. At first, I stood, but my knees gave in and Damien wrapped his arm around my waist gently holding me up. 
"It was just the first time. Just like when you were little and learning to walk, you have to get your muscles used to it again. It won't take as long as when you were little, but you can't rush it," Doc said as Damien sat be back down in bed. 
"Ok," Damien said responding to Doc as he got me sitting up in bed and covered up. 
"As long as you're not in too much pain, you don't need the sleeping medication. If it becomes unbearable, call for me," Doc said. With a smile he left us alone. 
"So?" Damien asked after a long moment of silence. My hands were holding his one hand in my lap. 
"So nothing," I told him without looking up at him. His hand squeezed mine gently. 
"I won't force it out of you, but you can't keep it in. It's not good for you," he told me gently. 

About 2 weeks later I was up and walking around. Doc told me I could go back to my room with Damien. Dreams were at bay due to tiredness, but it was getting harder and harder to push them away. 
"Damien," I said as I slid on one of his tee's in the bathroom after my warm bubble bath. 
"Yea," he said as he cracked the door. He came in and ran a brush through my hair as I stood at the sink. The scabs on my shoulders were almost healed, but Doc had to stitch them up 4 times in the past few weeks do to me moving around. Damien argued it would be best if he brushed my hair and helped out with little things. I watched as he concentrated on my hair that fell way past my waist. 
"Can you cut straight?" I asked him as I reached for a pair of scissors in a drawer. He nodded. 
"A little above my waist?" I asked. He took them, grabbed a comb and gave me my first hair cut in forever. The last one I had Mom gave to me. Mom. My heart stung. If I hadn't of survived, I would be with her right now. I'd be with her. 
"What's wrong?" Damien asked. My eyes shot to him and I realized I had a few stray tears falling down my face. 
"Just thinking," I told him as he put the scissors down. Leaning down, I picked up the rug and shook my hair into the trashcan then put the rug back down. My movements were slow, but at least I could move. The scissors went back into the drawer after getting cleaned off and I put the comb back with his shaving materials. 
"About?" He asked as he stalked me to the room. A few extra pillows went on the floor and I pulled back my side of the sheets and blankets. 
"Nothing, Damien. I'm fine," I told him with a small smile. That had been the lie I told everyone. Everyone except Dad. He was out doing stuff for the pack and he hadn't been able to stop by the hospital. Damien told me he'd be in either late tonight or early in the morning, but I'd see him tomorrow at breakfast. 
"Stop lying. I know you're not. Ace and I both know you aren't," he said getting frustrated. That was the first time he had mentioned Ace to me since I had been back from being held captive. 
"How does that work? You talk about Ace like he's another human walking around," I asked as I crawled into bed. Damien stripped down to his boxers and got into bed with me. 
"In my mind, I can see him as my wolf. He's like another side of me," he started after he knew I wasn't caving. "I see him in my mind and I can feel what he's feeling. We have conversations with each other like we are different, but he is me and I am him." It was confusing but I understood slightly. 
"So when you are in his form, does he see a human in his brain as you?" I asked. He laughed at that as he turned on his side to face me. I did the same. 
"No. My mind is still there, but I can let him take over, or I can have dominance. Unless something is wrong, I have dominance. If we are just running or something, Ace is content with that. He doesn't really fight for it because he know's I'll win," Damien said. It was good to see him smile and talk about Ace to me. 
"He knows how hard headed you are," I said with a smile to match his. 
"And so do you," Damien said. His smile was gone and was serious again. The atmosphere in the room changed and I didn't like it. 
"And you know how stubborn I can be," I told him as I played with his hand that was between us. My eyes glued to our hands. 
"You can't keep it all in," He told me softly. My body rolled so I was on my back and I looked up at the ceiling. 
"Watch me," I said. It came out softer and weaker than I wanted it to, but oh well. He reached over and turned the lights off. 
"I'm just glad you're home," He said softly. I turned my head and his was only inches from mine. 
"I am too," I said softly. It was home. Ever since Mom died, I didn't have a home, but Damien was right, this was my home now and it will always be. No matter where I went, I always had a place to go to. 
"I know you want me to tell you everything, but I don't want to remember," I whispered looking away. 
"If you ever want to talk, I'm here," he told me softly. I nodded and let my eyes close slowly. The last thing I felt before I went to sleep was Damien pull the blankets up on me, wrap his arm around my stomach and whisper 'I love you' in my ear before kissing my temple. 

"There's no where to run to," He said in a low tone. He was right, this small dirt cell left me no where to run. I could feel the sting and the ring of my ears from my screams before the whip came down on me hard and fast. It shed blood above my shoulder as he pulled me from my hair to the chair like he always did. It had to have been months since I was in here. My nose went blind to the smell of vomit and my body odor of not showering. My long hair was plastered to my skin. A few times he threatened to cut it all off, but I begged him not too. He said as long as I listened, I could keep my hair, and I did. 
Something about his voice was familiar but I couldn't pin it. 
"Who are you?" I asked, cried softly to him. His evil laugh shook through the small, dark room he held me in. A man tied me to the chair and I knew what was coming. 
"If you are going to kill me, just do it already," I told him. At some points, the pain got so badly that I begged for him to take my life. At least this way, I would be with Mother. 
"But I don't want you dead. I want you to suffer," He said low in my ear as he took a knife and cut below my jaw line sending fresh blood down my neck and onto my chest. 
"Why?" I dared to ask again. A whip came across my shoulders and I let out a cry. 
"Do want to ask that again?" His voice cold as stone asked me. 
"No!" I cried as tears poured out of my eyes and down my face. An evil laugh bounced off of the walls and all around until it echoed out and he continued to abuse me and scar me. 
"Nobody loves you," he spat at me. 
"Nobody cares for you. Not now, not ever again," he said coldly. 
"Nobody wants you," he said as a knife ran across my thigh and down my knee. 
"You are pathetic," he spat, literally, leaving spit on my face and upper chest. 
"You are worthless," his voice cut through my heart and I started to believe him. 
"You will suffer until you are old and die," he said. A knife went through my leg sending a high pitched scream through the room... 

"Sofia!" Damien shouted. I had my body upright. My knees were slightly bent and my hands held fists of the sheets. Tears poured out of my eyes and my breath was rugged like I did scream. 
"Sofia," Damien said not knowing what to do. The dream stuck to me and I could hear his words cut through me like the knife did in my leg. I screamed as a new pain took over me, not a mental pain, but a physical pain. 
"Sh*t!" Damien cursed as he reached for his the light. It was blinding. When I went to hide my face in my knees, I felt the tearing of my skin on my back. In just a few short moments Damien was picking me up and caring me to the bathroom where he put me in the tub. He cut the back of the shirt and it fell off one of my shoulders slightly. A warm cloth touched my skin and I jumped away. 
"Shh, I know it hurts. Doc is on his way," Damien said touching the cloth to my skin again. All I could do was cry. As much as I tired, those words were always cutting through me. 
"Oh Sofia," He said softly beside me. I looked over at him and his face was full of pain. 
"Make it go away, all of it," I cried as someone knocked on the door. 
"What happened?" Doc asked. I hid my face as he came rushing in. 
"Bad dream, she tore her stitches," Damien said. Doc went to work.
"No stitches, just bandages," Doc said as he went to work on me. Damien held my hand as I tried to control my crying. About 10 minutes later, Doc left us alone in the bathroom. Damien got the blood off of me and took me to the room where he sat me down in a chair. After giving me another tee, he got the bed sheets changed. 
"It won't stop," I said softly as the tears fell. He knelt down in front of me and grabbed my hands.
"What won't?" He asked. My eyes shot to him and he wiped my tears away. 
"The dreams, the words, the pain, make it stop," I cried, begged. 
"Oh Sofia," He said as he pulled me to his arms on the floor. When someone knocked, I hid my head in his chest. 
"Yea," he said. The door opened and a man gasped. 
"Sofia," Dad said. He fell beside Damien. His hand went to my arm and a shot of familiarity hit me like a truck. Where did I feel that touch before? My eyes shot to him. 
"We've got you. We love you," he said softy to me. Damien held me close to him and I wanted him to. 
"We care for you and we want you to get better, what can we do?" He asked. That order was familiar. He kissed my head softly and left. When he closed the door it hit me. 
"Damien," I gasped sitting up. It wasn't possible. He loved me... 
"What's wrong?" Damien asked. He saw my frantic. 
"It's him," I whispered with a voice full of fear.